Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum to Navan

Options
  • 07-08-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm lookin' at a new job which would bring me from dundrum to navan (close to) every day. thinkin the M50 and M3 and going against the traffic should make it smooth enough but does it get v busy in the morning? Anyone do this route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Have you factored in the costs? i.e. Fuel and Tolls? You would have to go through 4 tolls every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

You will be with the traffic in the morning till you leave the M50 and on the way home you will join it again when you leave the M3 for the M50.It is impossible to avoid it all together.

You should think again about working in Navan. The town is too small and the wages and prospects can be poor unless you are a public servant. You may also lose contacts in your business and have less chance of a new job. I live nearby and went back to work in Dublin for TWICE the money. Think long term it may not be a great move. If you live there the quality of life is ok and it is good to bring up a family. The people are very nice and housing can be less than Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I suppose it depends on the job offer you have, the stage in life you are at, whether you are prepared to move and whether it is a good launching pad for where you would like to be in future.

With the new M3 the commute is certainly more straightforward. Also, the commute to Dublin has got much easier in recent years because of the recession and also road developments.

I would advise you to try out the commute for yourself and factor in the fact that it will get worse when the schools return.

Once you determine whether you can live with the commute then you need to get all the factors associated with it into the mix before you decide.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The M3 won't be an issue traffic-wise, that's for sure, it's very quiet both ways aside from the Dunboyne-M50 stretch, which moves well anyway since the N3/M50 junction upgrade a few years back.

Not sure what the M50 is like these days at rush hour.

Advertisement