Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To report, or not report. That is the quistion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

mhigh86 wrote: »
    I just don't believe this story at all, "Barman fires barmaid for not serving"
    ya right, one of the young fellows drinks in bar from 11am till7am every secound day. Thats 20 hours of drinking in a early house bar every second day, lets just say he takes sunday off, for the laugh, thats drinking 3 days out of 6 by 20 hours, thats 60 hours a week drinking in a bar.

We'll give him a chance here and say he only drinks 1 beer every half hour, (sure he's only a wee lad) right, don't know the prices in sligo, but we'll say 5euro a pint, now so thats 5 euro by 2 by 60 hours, thats 600euro a week on drink plus food since he in the bar for 20 hours thats a few runs to the chipper, ya have to have two meals at the min for 20hours drinkfest, say 15euro for food by 3, is, 45.

So I guessing hes spending 645e a week. Oh where does oh where does he get this money as he can't have a job as he pissed most of the week and hungover and sleeping the rest. pure bullsh1t story

He gets the money of the parents. If you think its BS, fair enough thats your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

He gets the money of the parents. If you think its BS, fair enough thats your opinion.[/QUOTE

His parents give him 645 quid a week?

And I know there is a legal drinking limit, I'm saying sometimes it's okay to serve 17 year olds in certain circumstances.

For instance, a couple of months ago at the Ireland and Bosnia friendly,Myself, My dad and uncle we're drinking a pint in the stadium that they had bought for me and a security women comes over and takes it off me. I know I'm 17 but that In my opinion is cruel. This is just one of the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Lovely. This thread should be required reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Think we all understand at this stage you cant say anything bad about peoples dependence on drugs. Saying anything bad about drinking or serving drink in an Irish forum is like telling a Junkie heroin isnt all its cracked up to be.

They will have formed their own little reality in which the feeding of their habit is the best possible thing that can be done and refuse to accept anything that threatens that. All else is rubbished as (same exact argument that crops up in relation to drugs of all kinds whether illegal or legal) buzz kills trying to ruin peoples fun, people poking their noses in where they dont belong, writing laws off as nonsense to keep idiots happy, breaking the law as their own decision that has nothing to do with anyone else etc etc.

And it crops up time and time again in anything related to drinking or taking drugs. From pissing in the street because the council wont cater for people who are hammered at 3am to serving 15 year olds on the sly because society has the cheek to still class them as children. Its all nonsense to defend an irrational emotional attachment to a substance people are dependant on.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

He gets the money of the parents. If you think its BS, fair enough thats your opinion.

So, that would mean his parents hand over 2,580 euro on a 4 weekly basic and 33,540 p/a which is solely spent by some young fellow on drink, do you not see why I doubt your story, I don't even make that a year, let alone spent on someone else. The only way this is true is if the parents are extremely rich with alot of money to spare, which is few and far between these day. If you tell me there parents are politicians well then I might believe you.

With regards to the few young guys drinking in the pub, well I wouldn't serve them if I worked there. But I growup in a small village in the countryside where everyone knew everyone and if me and my mates went to the pub at age 16/17 we would be served a few pints. But times have changed, I know I wouldn't be asred reporting someguy that probley served me the few years before, I'd be more interested in other things if I was 19 again.

So I reported the owner of the pub today. he said he would need a VT of this happening. So he will give me a mini camera on Tuesday which will be fixed to my shirt and Il go undercover. He said I will get paid for it and all. Since the owner of the pub is a part of a drug gang. So this will be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

Conchir wrote: »
    I think I'd get a sick kind of satisfaction from ending their fun. Not because it's wrong or illegal, but just because it would be good craic.

Spoken like a true FGer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

So I reported the owner of the pub today. he said he would need a VT of this happening. So he will give me a mini camera on Tuesday which will be fixed to my shirt and Il go undercover. He said I will get paid for it and all. Since the owner of the pub is a part of a drug gang. So this will be fun.

The only thing you'd get paid for is if there was a job available for a professional bullsh1tter

eth0 wrote: »
    The only thing you'd get paid for is if there was a job available for a professional bullsh1tter

He said I will be taken care of financially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

He said I will be taken care of financially.

I'd say he'll bring you down to the basement and make you his gimp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Younger but very likely more mature than you op. Cop on and grow up is what you need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

haha, and maybe if a "Loner Documentary" comes up soon :)

Jay D wrote: »
    haha, and maybe if a "Loner Documentary" comes up soon :)
    Maybe thats their plan, he thinks he's using the camera to catch out some barman but really its for a documentary about him and the codology he gets up to

Maybe thats their plan, he thinks he's using the camera to catch out some barman but really its for a documentary about him and the codology he gets up to

What would that consist off? since you think you know it all. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

You stated you were a barman, Now would you serve drink to an underage person. To line the owners pockets?

Did you say you were 19? or 90?.

kr7 wrote: »
    Did you say you were 19? or 90?.

Thats dosnt matter. Im not a criminal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was drinking in a pub from 16 and went to over 18s discos i would have a drink or 2 but never ever would i get drunk. Im pretty sure the bar staff knew i was underage but went along with me with my fake id..

cops raided once they came in one door i went out the other. i knew all the bouncers and they knew older friends of mine so never questioned my age.

I think if i was getting drunk in the pub they would have pulled me up but since i was no trouble they let me be.

I would have been mighty pissed if someone had of call the guards.

My parents knew i went out with my work mates (mostly aged between 18 and 23) and drank, i was living on my own, as long as i drank sensibly they were happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Thats dosnt matter. Im not a criminal. ;)

And your not 19 either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Good luck with that OP (non-sarcastic).
    It's underage drinking like this that is stretching our already understaffed Gardai service and A&Es beyond breaking point, and if there's one less outlet for them to obtain drink illegally I'm all for it.

• Advertisement

It's underage drinking like this that is stretching our already understaffed Gardai service and A&Es beyond breaking point, and if there's one less outlet for them to obtain drink illegally I'm all for it.

Thanks.

I think Im dong the right thing at the end of the day. Also like you said, I will kinda be helping the gardai and A&E. So if it makes a difference in the local community, I will be happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Sounds plausible:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

If you're bitter about missing out on a drink or two when you were underage OP, that makes you want to spoil their fun now, then its probably that exact type of 'inform on your neighbour' attitude that stopped people inviting you to parties when you were their age.

Maybe try not being such a spoon and you won't feel the need to tell on people over such trivial matters

And tis unlocked. Lets see this thread that backfired horribly for the OP to the bitter end. or hopefully till he sees sense

And tis unlocked. Lets see this thread that backfired horribly for the OP to the bitter end. or hopefully till he sees sense

Didn't back fire at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Am I the only one who thinks this is complete BS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

... and my post got deleted :confused:

No doubt at the hands of keithM89 because of Biggins :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Nope

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

... and my post got deleted :confused:

No doubt at the hands of keithM89 because of Biggins :confused:

You quoted a deleted post so it goes to, next time PM me instead.
    Biggins had nothing to do with it so you can apologise there.

Yes....

actually, no. lol.

• Advertisement

Fair enough that's your opinions. But let me ask ye this, if ye think is BS why are ye here?

KeithM89 wrote: »
    You quoted a deleted post so it goes to, next time PM me instead.
    Biggins had nothing to do with it so you can apologise there.

I shall insert a random, unrelated simpsons quote in response....

"I call the big one bitie" :D

OP I think you should buy a parachute and a bale of hay. Tie your mobile phone to the bale of hay and sell the parachute on ebay. With the money you make from the parachute start gambling online and leave the hay to marinate in a pool of diesel overnight. With your winnings (because let's face it you are a good poker player) you should invest in a wheelbarrow and a litre of milk. I will fill you in later on the rest of the answer to your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Thanks.

I think Im dong the right thing at the end of the day. Also like you said, I will kinda be helping the gardai and A&E. So if it makes a difference in the local community, I will be happy. :)

You weren't that concerned about the Gardai or A+E when you drank a bottle of vodka or smoked weed on your last day of school were you? :pac:

BUSTED :D

You weren't that concerned about the Gardai or A+E when you drank a bottle of vodka or smoked weed on your last day of school were you? :pac:

He was undercover then.

Well, is funny what a good looking woman can do. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

You're 19, don't be such a dry shite!

We were all one of those lads underage in the club/pub :D

LoYL wrote: »
    He was undercover then.

No I was 18, I'm 19 now. much more mature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Thanks.

Your 19?

Seriously now you sound like a ould wan with nothing better to do! Get a grip !

No I was 18, I'm 19 now. much more mature.

Like cheese.

• Advertisement

LoYL wrote: »
    Like cheese.

Not really...

1ZRed wrote: »
    You're 19, don't be such a dry shite!

We were all one of those lads underage in the club/pub :D

I really looked up to you on boards. :( But after you called me a dry sh1t. Im offended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

They have probably read this thread anyway, It could end up being the quietest night the pub ever had !!

By the way I don't believe the rubbish about the camera and the money, Well if you are telling the truth then maybe even the Gardaí are taking the piss out of you...

the owner of the pub is a part of a drug gang
    That's a classic..
    Sure anyone who even smokes a spliff is a part of a drug gang if you believe some Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Even if it is some of the attitudes expressed are interesting.
    If it were true, given the staff member rebuke and the attitude that implies, my advice would be to report and not mind the fools on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Well, is funny what a good looking woman can do. ;)

Female eh :rolleyes:

Your reaction to this incident is starting to make sense :D

Haha camera and payment ? Yea sure.

Even if it is some of the attitudes expressed are interesting.
    If it were true, given the staff member rebuke and the attitude that implies, my advice would be to report and not mind the fools on here.

Everything I posted is 100% true.

In make believe land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Infairness adults do alot more damage to themselves with alcohol then under 18s do.

Screw it, Gardai vetting and records of family drug/drink abuse history must be presenting at the POS of each alcoholic beverage sold in Ireland.

Seriously, granted theres problems with drink in this country, but its adults causing these problems IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I really looked up to you on boards. :( But after you called me a dry sh1t. Im offended.

Whenever I swear at someone I'm nearly always taking the piss so relax, I thought you would have picked that up from me by now. Don't mean to offend ;)

My point is that we were all one of those guys chancing it and getting a laugh and a thrill from it. I know your intensions are in the right place but why spoil their fun? Let them off if even just this once. But whatever you think yourself, it's your decision to make.

Edit, you seriously looked up to me? I'm hardy the perfect role model just to let you know! :p

Advertisement