Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To report, or not report. That is the quistion.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whenever I swear at someone I'm nearly always taking the piss so relax, I thought you would have picked that up from me by now. I don't mean to offend ;)

My point is that we were all one of those guys chancing it and getting a laugh and a thrill from it. I know your intensions are in the right place but why spoil their fun? Let them off if even just this once. But whatever you think yourself, it's your decision to make.

Sorry, I'm still offended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Sorry, I'm still offended.

If I can call someone "prick" effectionally and for him not to get offended there's not much more I could do to convince you.

1ZRed wrote: »
    If I can call someone "prick" effectionally and for him not to get offended there's not much more I could do to convince you.

Lets agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Everything I posted is 100% true.

All jokes aside for a second :) ,
    the whole "they will pay you" aspect just sounds so bogus, dude.

Lets look to other forms of reporting... if you report social welfare fraud the SW don't give you a "reward" - if you ring the gardai saying your next door neighbour is dealing drugs they dont give you a reward .... let alone to ask you to "go undercover" wearing a camera to prove.

Are you really expecting people to believe what you say to be true? ... or are you honestly holding onto the "how can they prove its NOT true" card so tightly... that you are saying things that are hard to believe.

All jokes aside for a second :) ,
    the whole "they will pay you" aspect just sounds so bogus, dude.

Lets look to other forms of reporting... if you report social welfare fraud the SW don't give you a "reward" - if you ring the gardai saying your next door neighbour is dealing drugs they dont give you a reward .... let alone to ask you to "go undercover" wearing a camera to prove.

Are you really expecting people to believe what you say to be true? ... or are you honestly holding onto the "how can they prove its NOT true" card so tightly... that you are saying things that are hard to believe.

The gard who lives next door said I would get money for doing this. I said it so many times already. But I will say it again. I really don't give two hoots if members believe me or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

This whole camera thing just reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer wears the cowboy hat with the camera inside! Is that where you got your inspiration for this story from OP?

The gard who lives next door said I would get money for doing this. I said it so many times already. But I will say it again. I really don't give two hoots if members believe me or not.

Ok.
    But then why keep posting to make members believe you if you dont give a hoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

OP I think you should buy a parachute and a bale of hay. Tie your mobile phone to the bale of hay and sell the parachute on ebay. With the money you make from the parachute start gambling online and leave the hay to marinate in a pool of diesel overnight. With your winnings (because let's face it you are a good poker player) you should invest in a wheelbarrow and a litre of milk. I will fill you in later on the rest of the answer to your query.

Ok.
    But then why keep posting to make members believe you if you dont give a hoot?

Just for anyone that might be interested.

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    This whole camera thing just reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer wears the cowboy hat with the camera inside! Is that where you got your inspiration for this story from OP?

No, I think they stole that idea from me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Thats right theyd give some random fella who lands in a camera to try and catch a drug lord who happens to run a pub.

I went in looking for a firearms license once but id have to do a course to prove i was able for it. There was no course in the area so they said its alright you can come with us on a run.

So they took me in a volvo xc90 with a red LED sign on it, handed me a mp5 and drove into an area full of scum and said 'those are all scumbags you can shoot those' so I did. Big mess, had to reload to finish them off my aim was so bad. Later they started taking me to places where there might be only 2 scumbags in the group they wanted dead.

Now im their main man if there is shooting or sniping to be done. Great little earner, if they cant put me down as expenses they might throw me an old Dell with a broken power supply. A great bunch of lads

eth0 wrote: »
    Thats right theyd give some random fella who lands in a camera to try and catch a drug lord who happens to run a pub.

I went in looking for a firearms license once but id have to do a course to prove i was able for it. There was no course in the area so they said its alright you can come with us on a run.

So they took me in a volvo xc90 with a red LED sign on it, handed me a mp5 and drove into an area full of scum and said 'those are all scumbags you can shoot those' so I did. Big mess, had to reload to finish them off my aim was so bad. Later they started taking me to places where there might be only 2 scumbags in the group they wanted dead.

Now im their main man if there is shooting or sniping to be done. Great little earner, if they cant put me down as expenses they might throw me an old Dell with a broken power supply. A great bunch of lads

They are indeed.

eth0,
    Man you had it bad. Dont know how you came out of that one. You must be one badass.

I got to wear a pen camera tomorrow as I goto the US embassy in Dublin. Ah sure but the life of a agent who posts on boards.

Its a shame people dont believe BubbleWrap's story on boards. 'Cause we are two bad asses who know the score! ... he is telling the truth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

LoYL wrote: »
    OP I think you should buy a parachute and a bale of hay. Tie your mobile phone to the bale of hay and sell the parachute on ebay. With the money you make from the parachute start gambling online and leave the hay to marinate in a pool of diesel overnight. With your winnings (because let's face it you are a good poker player) you should invest in a wheelbarrow and a litre of milk. I will fill you in later on the rest of the answer to your query.

I don't know what your up to but it has the makings of a great episode of Kenan and Kel

Aw yes, Today was an adventures day. I got the camera and the garda stuck it to my jumper. I walked in and met the that chap that is always there. I ordered my pint of milk and approached the chap. I sat down beside him and started to chat. He was off his trolly. I once I finished the milk, I went out to the garda car which was parked up the road behind a hedge. The garda says to me "Great work, that pub will be closed down in the next to days". I seen dponuts on the back seat and asked if I can have one. He said: "Yes, only a jam one though". I put my hand into the bag of donuts and took out a very nice jam donut. I bit into it and before I realised, I was walking in the back door of my house. Confident that I just done a good deed.

Aw yes, Today was an adventures day. I got the camera and the garda stuck it to my jumper. I walked in and met the that chap that is always there. I ordered my pint of milk and approached the chap. I sat down beside him and started to chat. He was off his trolly. I once I finished the milk, I went out to the garda car which was parked up the road behind a hedge. The garda says to me "Great work, that pub will be closed down in the next to days". I seen dponuts on the back seat and asked if I can have one. He said: "Yes, only a jam one though". I put my hand into the bag of donuts and took out a very nice jam donut. I bit into it and before I realised, I was walking in the back door of my house. Confident that I just done a good deed.

Haha, very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

The world is now a much better place

Haha, very good
    Martyn1989 wrote: »
    The world is now a much better place

Thanks, I feel I done the right thing at the end of the day. :)

Thanks, I feel I done the right thing at the end of the day. :)

They usually give me donuts as well when I'd be at the snipin'. It can be a long and boring night on the roof top waiting for some scumbag to emerge from a pub and walk a safe distance away from the pub so i don't shoot some poor bollix who walked out the pub after him.

On a windy night I can talk to the lads on my radio but other nights I have to be dead quiet, even when I'd be making a cup of tae on my camping stove to wash down the donuts

• Advertisement

They usually give me donuts as well when I'd be at the snipin'. It can be a long and boring night on the roof top waiting for some scumbag to emerge from a pub and walk a safe distance away from the pub so i don't shoot some poor bollix who walked out the pub after him.

On a windy night I can talk to the lads on my radio but other nights I have to be dead quiet, even when I'd be making a cup of tae on my camping stove to wash down the donuts

Im intreeged about your job, polease tell me more.

Im intreeged about your job, polease tell me more.

Its only on the side. I have a day job as well which is far less interesting. Can't give away too much information without risking the scum coming after me or making it harder for me to shoot them.

Great system these nixers, most efficient way of spending tax money ever Id say. They could spend thousands sending a garda on firearms training, safety courses and he still react bad in a real life situation. Instead they pick up someone like me, bit of on the job training to make me an effective gunman on the cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

This is getting silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

You do know doughnuts are very fattening and full of sugar OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Takes a village to raise a child & a village to turn one into the village idiot.

Cut the express training cuz some adults think the kids'll be able handle it.

Let the kids be kids as long as the can be without the adult influences.

al28283 wrote: »
    This is getting silly

I cant hep I have an adventurous life.

Tarkus wrote: »
    Takes a village to raise a child & a village to turn one into the village idiot.

Cut the express training cuz some adults think the kids'll be able handle it.

Let the kids be kids as long as the can be without the adult influences.

Im gald Im not one.

Advertisement