Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student grand

Options
  • 07-08-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the payment options are in itb to pay the fees??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

well the there's only really one choice... paying it.
    It's been answered before but..well here we go ->

It can be done/happen a number of ways:

1. If you have applied for a grant, bring the form that says you've applied on registration day, and the registration fee is waived for that day and you are sort of half registered until you pay (will not receive exam results if it's not paid) . You can hand in your letter to the admin office when you get your grant at a later date, and that clears it up for the year. I used to get my grant approved letter about a day before registration occurred.. the impeccable timing never ceased to amaze me. But depending on when you applied it may not arrive on time regardless of it's outcome.

2. you may not get your grant, in which case you have to pay the registration fee, if you find this out before registration day, the college sends a registration pack, in it is a bank charge thingy (called a bank giro), you pay this at a bank and it gets stamped, you show it on registration day and all is sorted interms of the registration fee.

3. You don't get the your grant, and it's after the registration day, you talk to admin office, and I think they arrange a method of payment, which is organised by them to suit your means, obviously you have to pay it, and I believe it's up to that office as to how that is arranged... ie the whole total in one go or installments... that is totally up to them. They may enforce paying the whole sum these days, not sure. But in the past they allowed manageable installments until it was paid over the year.

4. If it's a major concern, get a student loan that covers it, most banks offer it, you pay it back once your graduate by a few months, and it'd be about 8 or 9k owed by the time your done. It's a big undertaking, so I would suggest struggle paying it year 1-2 and if all is going well in studies take the loan last two years if your doing 4 years to make life less stressful. Otherwise your working weekends to cover your registration fee, and that is very stressful when the work piles on in those last years. Mammy or daddy usually have to sign off on a student loan as a backup, so good luck bringing that option up at the dinner table :rolleyes:

Realistically, if you don't get the grant that covers the registration fee, aim to have it paid before semester one is over, that way you know your results from semester one, rather then only knowing them when it's paid some time in semester two.

You still have time, hope you get your grant man, as it makes life easy, but it is not the end of the world, the college tries to make it as manageable as humanly possibly, and admin staff are sound about it. But it still has to be paid ;) so just know that you might need to pay it...and start saving.

Advertisement