Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian 'Bread of Life' is a magic mushroom

• 07-08-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Was going to post this in another tread but have worked for a half hour on it and is alittle off topic for other tread and want to see what ye think of the idea.

The Christian 'Bread of Life' is a magic mushroom. I know this seems very very mad but give me a second.
    And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground
    And when the children of israel saw it they said one another, It is manna
    But surly there is no dew in the desert...
    Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, he have them bread from heaven to eat
    First ask ourselves what is Manna?

I am not going to quote everything. it is in the videos. I will paraphrase Exodus 16:14, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 31

In these verses manna is described as: small, round, found in dew and when left unpicked or uneaten manna breeds worms and melts into goo. Baking/drying the manna prevents this unsightly decomposition. When dried, manna has the consistency of wafers and the color of coriander seed.
    All taken from above verses. The idea that they are talking about actual bread seams silly and outright wrong.

Youtube video

The more that i look the more sure that i get.
    'Then he siad unto me, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

' It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.'

Manna is not hebrew, but egyptian, For "bread of god". As bread refers to food, "food of god".

http://lightworkers.org/blog/88750/manna-mushrooms-bible
    http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45978

In my own head this makes 100% sence (the videos and links explain it better than i can).So what do ye think? Is this possilbe? And if this is right, what then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I'm a little teapot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In my own head this makes 100% sence (the videos and links explain it better than i can).

It always does.
    And if this is right, what then?

I'm going to go out on a limb with this guess:

Nothing changes. Everyone keeps doing what they're doing.

Nobody cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

What if I told you that the Bible is full of More than just Cow sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If it was a magic mushroom society would probably be far more advanced by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Guill wrote: »
    What if I told you that the Bible is full of More than just Cow sh1t?

hahaha yea i know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

don't mean to be pedantic, but you're quoting the old testament there, with the manna from heaven story.
    Christianity is new testament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Jesus liked to experiment I see.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...haven't heard that one in a long oul time....ahh the joys of youth....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have the mushroom and the sacred cross around here somewhere... probably buried under a pile of socks

iirc the author said that peter never actually existed, that the entire christian myth was code for secret jewish drug taking cults to hide their practices from the romans that kinda got out of hand and that's how we got christianity

peter was meant to be a combination of two sumerian words for mushroom and... something

it was all very interesting and most likely complete bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I, i am a sheep,,, no, a lamb, the lamb of god, eat me, drink my blood, live forever, yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Riddle101 wrote: »

The fuckin hypocrite!

And here I am put to hell for doing the same myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Holy Handgrenade of Antioch!

i have the mushroom and the sacred cross around here somewhere... probably buried under a pile of socks

iirc the author said that peter never actually existed, that the entire christian myth was code for secret jewish drug taking cults to hide their practices from the romans that kinda got out of hand and that's how we got christianity

peter was meant to be a combination of two sumerian words for mushroom and... something

it was all very interesting and most likely complete bollocks.

Yea but in fairness no more 'bollocks' than the mainstream inturpatation :)

don't mean to be pedantic, but you're quoting the old testament there, with the manna from heaven story.
    Christianity is new testament.
    I know. Will look for quote now but do you now think it possilbe that the bread refered to in new testament is Manna and not the body of our dead 'lord'
    To me mushrooms seems less far fetched ;)
    Now this would make going to communion alot more interesting :D

Knex. wrote: »
    If it was a magic mushroom society would probably be far more advanced by now.

Are you hinting at terence mckenna ideas that philsipben was the cattalatse for the developement of the human brain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Now this would make going to communion alot more interesting :D

When is the next Mass on :pac::pac::pac: I seeeeeeeen the light :pac:

Are you hinting at terence mckenna ideas that philsipben was the cattalatse for the developement of the human brain?

You watched "altered states" yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

You're crazy, crazy cabbage, everyone knows the bible is made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sorry, but as atheist as I am, you linked to a David Icke website. That guy could say a triangle has three sides and I'd disbelieve him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

so its true about the worm in the maggies .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Riddle101 wrote: »

Hence the twelve male apostles ;)

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    You watched "altered states" yet?

No. I dont think so. Will do though. what is it about?
    You're crazy, crazy cabbage, everyone knows the bible is made up.

As the saying goes, Smart people sound like crazy people to dumb people. ;)joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

eth0 wrote: »
    I'm a little teapot

I think it's fairly obvious that I am. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So that's why I felt I was closer to God all those years. The Catholic Church drugging its followers, well I never :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Christian 'Bread of Life' is a magic mushroom.

That would explain a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

The first of Philip K Dick's 'Gnostic Trilogy', 'Valis', pretty much centres around this subject, the notion that God (or the Christ consciousness) is a state of mind, and that that state of mind was achieved through eating the eucharist, a mushroom called the anokhi.

A very interesting read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Im way too drunk to keep reading, but I skimmed through the OP and read the first reply and I cant stop laughing!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

There's also Soma from the Vedas which was/is thought to be a mushroom by some

No. I dont think so. Will do though. what is it about?

"Altered states" as in 'altered states of conciousness' - scientist expermiments with mushrooms and experiences increasingly "out there" hallucinations and physical changes. A cult/stoner sci-fi classic with William Hurt, directed by Ken "how can I get sex and jesus in here?" Russell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

psilocybin, catalyst.
    Just sayin'.
    Personally, I've seen plenty of guys having to have their stomachs pumped after going a little crazy on the mushrooms. They're not so great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

Johro wrote: »
    Personally, I've seen plenty of guys having to have their stomachs pumped after going a little crazy on the mushrooms. They're not so great.

that shouldn't be happening, especially with the irish liberty caps, presuming no alcohol is taken that is. those foreign mushrooms i dunno. I think the ones that people link to religious texts are thought to be fly agaric due to geography, and i've heard you can get pretty ill from those if care isn't taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

that shouldn't be happening, especially with the irish liberty caps, presuming no alcohol is taken that is. those foreign mushrooms i dunno. I think the ones that people link to religious texts are thought to be fly agaric due to geography, and i've heard you can get pretty ill from those if care isn't taken.
    Ah well, fly agarics are poisonous. Realistically though most guys I know who took mushrooms had a few drinks as well, and a lot of them didn't even know how much they took. A few just walked around the field where they grew and ate while they picked. Some dried them, some didn't, some cooked them.
    I guess ya have to know what you're doing, fair enough. I tried a few once, hated it coz I couldn't sleep when I got tired later on. I also don't like not being in control, so they're not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

Advertisement