Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank site & liveperson.net cookie

Options
  • 07-08-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

After a gap of about 2 months, I went to view my accounts online at Ulster Bank this evening (via Internet Explorer, as it hadn't seemed to work properly with Firefox), and as soon as I started logging in a box appeared saying the website liveperson.net requested to save a cookie on my computer. Blocking it took several attempts, then it was hard to find a little window in order to do anything, before it popped up again.
    With no intention of allowing it before checking it out, I only managed (between blockings) to view 1 of the things I wanted to, before the session timed out.

I then tried via Firefox, and found the cookie thing didn't appear. And the site seems to work fine with Firefox now, so I was able to finish doing everything I wanted to.

Then I looked up liveperson.net, and found it's a chat facility that's used by various websites (including BT for instance).
    Has Ulster Bank started using it recently? It seemed a little unusual for them to be available for live chat at 9pm. But if it's there legitimately, I can just accept the cookie if it pops up again, and get on with the work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Yes, Ulster bank anytime now has a little chat window that pops up. Not sure when it started but its only recently. I've never used it, but from what I can tell it seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks, Ranjo - I'll just allow it next time then.
    (Fighting off the popup would make quite a good game, but a bank session with a short timeout isn't the ideal place for one!).

Advertisement