Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Company Interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Anna23 wrote: »
    then she says to me, by the way we only hire people who match our culture, i was sitting in my chair almost falling off it when I heard what she was saying, I was taken aback by the way she did the interview and the questions she asked,

You were right to nearly fall off your chair. "match our culture", is code for we discriminate on the basis of Age/race/class etc. "Corporate culture" is just a slightly different formulation of the same wink and nudge code.

I have a masters in HRM and first thing u know is not to even approach the candidate with these questions! has something changed since i finished my studies when it comes to interviewing people that I am not familiar with?!

Go to linkedin and look her up. You may or may not be surprised by the number of people working in HR, even heading HR departments who have no qualifications in HR or anything else.

Advertisement