Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats considered an old thread?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

Is there any set criteria that defines what an old thread? A year old? 2? 3? 4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nope. None whatsoever. It is at the discretion of the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Nope. None whatsoever. It is at the discretion of the mods.

A bit of Russian Roulette isn't it especially in forums that are used for information and contain seasonal questions or updated with new info. I asked because the thread below is more and less 1 year 2 months old before new posts yesterday and was closed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056165722

I seen way worse zombie threads than that.

What advice do you recommend if I wish to start a thread and find an old thread already exists? I am saying old is greater than 1 year. Should I go ahead and post in the old thread or pm the mods with the thread link and ask them can I post in the thread or create a new thread? Either way it means work for a mod but what would be the best option?

A bit of Russian Roulette isn't it especially in forums that are used for information and contain seasonal questions or updated with new info. I asked because the thread below is more and less 1 year 2 months old before new posts yesterday and was closed.

Well, I wouldnt go so far as to call it Russian Roulette, but I would say "it depends". I hope you can appreciate that threads on, say, technology would go out of date quickly, as would threads on topical issues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056165722

I seen way worse zombie threads than that.

I have too, however, what is the norm in one forum may not be in another.
    What advice do you recommend if I wish to start a thread and find an old thread already exists? I am saying old is greater than 1 year. Should I go ahead and post in the old thread or pm the mods with the thread link and ask them can I post in the thread or create a new thread? Either way it means work for a mod but what would be the best option?

Yeah, I'd drop the mod(s) a quick PM to see what the story is.

As there has been no subsequent reply, I'll close this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement