Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Half Marathon Sept 23rd 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Water bottles last year so I presume the same this year. Redtop could maybe verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

We're hoping to have 250ml bottles at the water stations. We may have plastic cups at the Finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Thanks for the replies Rom and Redtop. Bottles en route and a nice cup of water at the end. Perfect. See you on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

there is no option to enter the race and get a medal i.e. without the t shirt, is that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Any pics of the T-shirt - have signed up for the race minus the t-shirt, so it better not be sexy !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Thanks Iway, that's it all right. We will have T-Shirts left over so you may be able to buy one on Race Day, if you had not ordered one at Registration and still want one.

We had 10 club members run the Charleville Half Marathon course last Sunday and it's looking good. Final preparations are being put in place this week. We have over 125 volunteers signed up from the local community to take care of Stewarding, Registration, Catering, Health & Safety, Medical Emergencies, Timing, Pacing, Water, etc. Many of them will be on duty from 8AM until 2PM on race day. They deserve a special Thanks for their support, because the event could not be run without them.

elite field looking good. would love to watch if I wasn't plodding it compared to these guys.
    http://www.corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2012/09/elite-field-announced-for-charleville.html

• Advertisement

We are expecting 500 Individual Runners to be Registered before Race Day. New Entries will be accepted on Sunday morning from 08:15AM with a hard stop at 9:30AM to ensure we start on time at 10AM. Sorry, No Relay this year. Looking forward to seeing you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 custom

Hi, this will be my first half marathon and I'm wondering will the distance signs be at mile intervals or kilometers? Thanks.

Every Mile should be marked. We also plan on marking 5, 10, 15 and 20Km. Half Way will be marked with a Timing Mat. There will be Pacers for 1:20, 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2.00 so you could stick with one of them to bring you home.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Wodering if there's pacers for 2:10, OH running first half and would be coming in around this time.

Yes, we plan on having a 2:10 Pacer. Best of luck with your first Half. We hope you enjoy it.
    Full Pacer Detail Here :

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2012/09/pace-bands-for-charleville-half-marathon.html

Thanks to our friends in Sixmilebridge, Eagle & North Cork for providing the pacers.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

ChampionChip Ireland are the chosen timer for the race this year again and we are throwing the full set of features at the race to ensure it has the exposure it deserves.

We will have start and finish mats of course as well as mats at halfway and 10 miles all linked live to the finish for the commentator and on the LED screen for the spectators. We will have live updates to the web site www.championchipireland.com on the results page showing splits and finish times as well as text messages to all valid numbers during the race.

There will be a spotter mat linked to the IPad for the commentator to call out names as the runners approach the finish line and get their moment of glory.

We also will have satellite trackers with the lead man, lead lady and also the sweep vehicle displayed on a Google map so anyone can follow the progress of the race. The link is http://www.tracksmart.info/Charleville

We also have some exciting developments coming soon with regard to the trackers so keep your eyes peeled.

Should be a great race and a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 custom

Thanks redtop for all your useful info! I don't have the "thanks" button yet.

Redtop wrote: »
    Yes, we plan on having a 2:10 Pacer. Best of luck with your first Half. We hope you enjoy it.
    Full Pacer Detail Here :

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2012/09/pace-bands-for-charleville-half-marathon.html

Thanks to our friends in Sixmilebridge, Eagle & North Cork for providing the pacers.

Great stuff, starting to get excited now, going to join the 1.30 group and see if I can hang on....hopefully the weather will hold !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Is entry closed? Just tried registering but Runireland says entry closed yesterday at 18.30

webpal wrote: »
    Is entry closed? Just tried registering but Runireland says entry closed yesterday at 18.30

Online closed friday. You can register in the morning at the race. Details on Cork Running blog

• Advertisement

Just collected my racepack, safety pins and tie-wraps to boot!!
    Looks like its gonna be a busy morning with loads of packs still
    to be collected, so make sure you're not too late getting them!
    G-luck to all of us...

Mr.W~

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Plan is to be on the road early, OH has to register in the morning so hopfully be there well before 9, might see you with the 1:30:00 pacers mr.wiggle.

irfrm wrote: »
    Plan is to be on the road early, OH has to register in the morning so hopfully be there well before 9, might see you with the 1:30:00 pacers mr.wiggle.

Great stuff, someone to hang on to !! :pac:
    See you there,
    I'll be carrying a copy of the times and have a rose in my lapel ! :pac:
    ( No wait,instead, I'll be disguised a slightly grey, balding ,40 something year old! )

Results online at www.championchipireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Can't wait find the link on the website

Almost all in now. Will add ten mile splits shortly. Go to the Results page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

click on results they are there......

• Advertisement

Final finishers all in. Ten mile splits to come shortly.

Advertisement