Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Anyone want to fill me in on the permanent ban on hunting/shooting/sale section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Only the mod who banned you can answer that question (Sparks).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Only the mod who banned you can answer that question (Sparks).
    Cheers tom ill get onto him

Alright spoke with Sparks and the reason I was Permantly banned in his words " being a prick " ????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that you received permabans from Shooting and Hunting on 7 August 2012 both for being "Uncivil."

The first step in the DRP process is to attempt to resolve this issue through an exchange of PMs with the moderator. If you have not completed this 1st stage, please attempt to do so. If you cannot reach an understanding in this 1st stage, please advise.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please be advised that you received permabans from Shooting and Hunting on 7 August 2012 both for being "Uncivil."

The first step in the DRP process is to attempt to resolve this issue through an exchange of PMs with the moderator. If you have not completed this 1st stage, please attempt to do so. If you cannot reach an understanding in this 1st stage, please advise.
    Tried to be civil but unfortunately it got me no where in pm'ing the mod as he wouldnt listen. I would like a resolution

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Per your request, we will move to the next stage in DRP. Please briefly summarize why you believe the Shooting and Hunting bans should be overturned.

Please also forward by PM to me all PMs that you exchanged with the moderator regarding the first stage in this DRP. Please don't post them here unless asked.

Once this has been received, I will gather and review all information that pertains to these forum bans. As these bans were permanent, this suggests that there was a posting history, including official warnings, infractions, and bans that occurred before these final bans had been issued. Your recent bans will be reviewed within this context.

This review will take time. Please be patient in this process, as we are volunteers with commitments outside of boards.

I feel that I was given a permanent ban to be Abit OTT ,also being told I was getting banned for being a prick , the comment I made on the forum was that if someone decides to leave or " can't heck it " then there's no loss,whether member or mod . if there was any negative feed back I would of edited it there and then.

I'm not going to tell you I'm a choir boy and have done nothing wrong but there's members with 3-4 times more red and yellow cards than me still posting but their opinions match that of the mod who banned me ,where's mine doesn't and that's why I'm here IMO . Thanks for your time .SK84

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

dodderangler, you've now had 2 posts in this thread deleted. If you post here again in a thread that has nothing to do with you I will ban you from the forum.

Zaph wrote: »
    dodderangler, you've now had 2 posts in this thread deleted. If you post here again in a thread that has nothing to do with you I will ban you from the forum.
    ????? Spunk84 is my account

*edit * never mind I see Wat Ur saying

Yes I have been busy, but my delay in addressing this case was prompted by the notion that things would either improve and get worse, thereby suggesting a resolution one way or another.

In most of the DRPs where I negotiate a resolution, it's normally between one poster and one mod. In your case, all the forum mods appear to agree with one of your DRP statements in terms of your posting behaviour for a long time on this forum:
    Spunk84 wrote: »
    I'm not going to tell you I'm a choir boy...

Your boards.ie history tends to support your summary statement on our site:
    • Yellow card warnings = 3
    • Red card infractions = 3
    • Bans = 5 (2 under review)

The ban length reviewed here is permanent, with no expiration date. It was issued not for one particular post, but for several posts having occurred over time that suggested to the mods that you were a disruptive force on the forum. Not all of these posts had been warned, infracted, or banned resulting in a profile record entry, although many had.

The two posts below were very inappropriate and exemplified posting behaviour on this forum over time that had been perceived as disruptive, uncivil, and particularly critical of moderation:
    Spunk84 wrote: »
    president.gif

:eek::eek: no infractions, no bannings and no thread closed, how has it come to this!!! :D

"Couldn't heck it as a mod and couldn't as a poster, no loss"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80116761#post80116761

This last post had been deleted by the mods, because it had been particularly malicious and hurtful towards a long time forum poster that had recently closed his account. No matter what you think about another member of boards, such posting damages the forum and serves to discourage both members and mods from forum participation.

Other posts of similar conduct could be listed here, but these two capture and exemplify why the permanent ban had been issued by the mods of this forum. Consequently, I am unable to overturn this permanent ban.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. You have two options at this point: (a) You can accept the ban, learn from it, and move on; or (b) you can request an Admin review. Please advise your choice.

• Advertisement

After an exchange of PMs, please be advised that Spunk84 has decided to close this DRP.
    Spunk84 wrote:
    Thanks BS... you can close the the DRP...

REQUEST TO ADMIN:

Please close this DRP and mark it resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement