Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dns error

• 07-08-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I'm having repeated DNS problems on my PC,running windows 7 with UPC. It usually happens when the PC has been left on standby overnight,or even for a few hours. It may or may not connect to google or whatever,then when I try to get into boards or any other site I get the DNS error. The laptop and phones running on wireless are unaffected. It usually works again after a restart but I'd like to resolve this,it's bugging me. Haven't installed anything in ages,this has been happening the last two weeks or so. I know it's not just a broadband issue but thought I might get the info to fix it here. Cheers for any help.

Advertisement