Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log Book

Options
  • 07-08-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Need a little help with the log book.

So long story short, bought a car from a Garage 3 weeks ago, still waiting on the log book. Rang them twice during the 3 weeks and was told that they are waiting on the Main dealer ( they got the car from the Main dealer ) to post the docs to them. Rang Shannon twice, was told that the car was registered under the name of the Garage.

So my questions are:

1. If the car was registered under the name of the Garage, should they not have the log book themselves, why do they have to wait for the docs from the Main Dealer?

2. Is there something else i can do? i have heard that you can get the declaratoion form signed by the Garadi and post to somewhere... to get the log book replaced? In this case, will the replacement go to the Garage or me?

3. How can i tax my car without the log book?

4. In general, why would the garages do such things like messing up with the log book intentionally/unitentionally? What's in for them? From what i can see, they got their money so why bother with this?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions. I am just really confused.:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A car can be transfered to a registered garage without the need for the logbook, they will also not show up as an additional owner on the log book.

Don't ring them as it is too easy to be fobbed off, pay them a visit in person and put presure on them to get it sorted. If that fails to get a result then maybe a few trips through a toll or parking tickets may well light a fire under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

bazz26 wrote: »
    A car can be transfered to a registered garage without the need for the logbook, they will also not show up as an additional owner on the log book.

Don't ring them as it is too easy to be fobbed off, pay them a visit in person and put presure on them to get it sorted. If that fails to get a result then maybe a few trips through a toll or parking tickets may well light a fire under them.

Thank you for your advice. I won't be able to go there until the weekend as in work all day. All i can do now is just to ring them again i suppose to chase them. Should i be worried on this?

Advertisement