Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claim Against Insurance

• 07-08-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience with making a small claim against pet insurance? We just took our Rottie in & after excess will only have claim of about €25 - is it worth it to claim this or will it increase future premiums? We're insured with Allianz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You won't be able to claim for 25euro as your excess will be about 100euro, so you won't get anything back unless it comes to more than 100 as you are liable for the first 100 or whatever your excess is on your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Hi Ayla
    Made no difference to our premium. After deducting the excess, we got back about 30 euro. Ring the insurance company, your entitled to know what the terms are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Ayla wrote: »
    We just took our Rottie in & after excess will only have claim of about €25 - is it worth it to claim this or will it increase future premiums? We're insured with Allianz.

Reading your post again, you have taken into account the excess, so the total of your bill is €125?

My insurance is with Allianz too and like your case I have often sent in a claim for a small amount.

I don't think your premium will go up much, if anything at all. I just renewed my policy last month and it has gone up a small amount for 3 dogs, but not much. That is despite one dog getting bloods taken, x-rays and ultrasounds.

Like another poster said give Allianz a ring and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry I must not have read it properly. I would def claim for 25, it's bettered off back in your pocket than theirs. It's the whole point of having the insurance is that you can claim back and 25 won't affect it really.

Advertisement