Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Green - Best place for tea and coffee?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I'm meeting a friend at the St Stephens Green Shopping Centre entrance tomorrow and would like recommendations for the best place for tea and coffee (she drinks tea, I like my coffee) and a light snack. Neither of us are regular visitors to town, so some pointers would be appreciated.

From the underrated/overrated thread I hit on Fixx Coffeehouse in Dawson street. The reviews are very good, so this is my current pick, but 15 minutes walk from our meeting spot doesn't make it that well located.

It would be good to get recommendations for a good place closer to St Stephens Green Shopping Centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When I saw the thread title, I was going to say Fixx. It will only take you 15 minutes if you crawl on your hands and knees. If you walk, it will take 3 minutes. :o

Worth it though, the coffee is superb and the menu has lots of choice on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Mr E wrote: »
    ... It will only take you 15 minutes if you crawl on your hands and knees. If you walk, it will take 3 minutes. :o

Just saw this on Google Maps regarding the directions:
    Walking directions are in beta.
    Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.

If that's not the reason for the pessimistic travel time then it may have something to do with it being designed for the dawdling US pedestrians.

Thanks for confirming my first choice.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

accents down stephens street i think, a 2 minute walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Fixx does lovely coffee and tea, and is no more than a 5 minute walk, even if you include the time getting past the dawdling tourists!

There are also footpaths all the way around to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Accents Tea and Coffee Lounge is just around the corner in St Stephen's St. They have loads cakes and pastries plus some limited choice of savoury snacks... and sofas!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 arthisoftseo

That's Great. Continue to make processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

another one for Fixx, lovely coffee and quite big so seating is never a problem

Advertisement