Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headstone painting

• 07-08-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice here re painting the letters on a headstone. Last year I painted the headstones on 2 X grandparents graves. Both were black marble so I painted as neatly as possible & then the following day I was able to rub down any where I'd come outside the letters with very fine wet&dry sandpaper. Both headstones turner out out quite well.

I've now been asked to paint the lettering on another relatives headstone but it's quite old stone, not marble. I'm worried that I won'd be able to rub down or get off the paint from any area where I've come outside the lettering on the stone. Is there any easy way of doing this or do I just need to take great care & use a very small brush fro the edge of the letters. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

Advertisement