Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hungry baby milk

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

just wondering... i started my daughter on a bit of solids (puree actually).

she was 16 weeks on sat just gone.. she has some baby rice in the morning.. maybe 3/4teaspoons and some spud and veg in evening around half five when we are eating.

my question us.. should i put her back on normal baby milk as opposed to hungry baby milk now that she's making a move to solids??

she's a big girl.. was 8.12 pounds at birth and 14.2 pounds at her twelve week check. wearing 6/9 month clothes.

i don't want to make her over weight by spoon feeding while using hungry baby milk.

she has dropped one bottle since starting spoon feeds. now has five 6oz bottles a day along with the spoon feeds. does this sound right??

first time mum finding spoon feeding a bit bewildering :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

As far as I remember, there isn't a single extra calorie in the hungry baby formula. It is a slightly different protein profile to make them feel fuller I think.

Compare the back of the tins the next time you are in the shop.

If she is happy on that one, I wouldn't change it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we never changed it,it is what the baby is used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Our public nurse told us not to change our suns hungry milk as we also started our twin boy and girl on solids,the hungry formula doesn't contain anything extra fats,it just formulated to make them feel full...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I kept both my children on the hungry baby milk once they started solids,i remember the health visitor saying not to change as there used to it.

Advertisement