Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More antics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ugh, the comments along the line of "typical Irish" really irritate me. I'd expect anyone to make that post if they were in Daheff's position.

What is the deal with it when someone views your player, do you get a notification? Just wondering how Daheff knew when Mouse had an aul look.

I imagine the potential/temptation for abuse is there. Y'know the way you'd just casually browse a team even though you're not in competition... imagine the temptation to wonder at someone's first team sub-200cm 2nd row and then be able to take a lil look... ooooooooh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

yeah you get a mail saying the player has been viewed.

Those comments did wind me up. not like other nations have had arguments before. We had a a division in community over behaviour of the NT manager. he is gone now and people should move on, but I feel this will be referenced at every opportunity for a considerable period. really only proving other nations are as petty! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh, the comments along the line of "typical Irish" really irritate me. I'd expect anyone to make that post if they were in Daheff's position.

What is the deal with it when someone views your player, do you get a notification? Just wondering how Daheff knew when Mouse had an aul look.

I imagine the potential/temptation for abuse is there. Y'know the way you'd just casually browse a team even though you're not in competition... imagine the temptation to wonder at someone's first team sub-200cm 2nd row and then be able to take a lil look... ooooooooh :pac:

i got notifications that the NT manager had looked at players

Mouse also sent me a mail to say:
    mouse wrote:
    Hi,

I took a look at Curren but he looks a little too far behind to be an NT player, I assume you have stopped the training too, nice player though.

Reidy I also checked out just to make sure he is getting along OK for the s18 u20s. I would recommend you increase the stamina training but other than that he looks pretty good, nice job with the training emoticon.01.png

Mouse emoticon.01.png

this kinda annoyed me to be honest. I'd already told him to leave reidy. And the fact hes then gone and taken a look at Curren too was just too much.

My intention with the suggestion was not to report mouse (or anybody else)- but to remove a potential loop hole for nt/u20 managers to just view players whenever they wanted.

Then when mouse tried to deny it...and ended up admitting he had looked in the same time -I felt it only fair to give the full story

We weren't giving out about your suggestion (well I wasn't) it is a loop hole that could be exploited (and I am sure has been) that you raised, and I had thought about before when I have got notifications about players been viewed.

No NT/U20 manager has been in my league so it never impacted me and they only viewed players that were known to be in the training regime.

I was annoyed about the thread and the way because you were irish it was instantly dismissed and the assumption was that there was an argument etc and the comunity were throwing prams and toys etc.

It is a legitimate area you have raised, and must be frustrating to be dismissed by the "experienced" (read vocal/dominant) members from other countries.

Well that's what annoyed me when I read through after jonny posted the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

i got the mail saying a player was checked out too, hes in the academy for the NT, i update his thread on the offsite weekly so didnt see the need to be looked at thru the game.

plus hes only at 70k and 19 so not like hes gona be near the NT for many more seasons..

I do think NT/U20 managers should have to request to see a players stats, especially if hes not in the NT or U20 training programme on the offsite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Hey daheff, im fully on your side on this one too. Mouse had no business looking at your players. One glance at Curren's CSR and its quite clear you stopped training him and will never be in NT and he had absolutely no business to go and look at Reidy.

It really does look like real life politics at min with one bumbling regime being replaced by another.

The "typical irish" comment really annoyed me too but given our recent history can you blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Guys it is embarrassing, every other community has their issues but they keep it in house. The suggestion didn't need to point to the incident and that's why everybody myself included thought Ireland at it again! Mouse probably got carried away with scouting potential future players as knowing one player in your squad won't help you in this game. My advice to those who complain about this ability to view players is to make it known on the offsite you have no intention to train so don't ever look! Simple really

eoferrall wrote: »
    We weren't giving out about your suggestion (well I wasn't) it is a loop hole that could be exploited (and I am sure has been) that you raised, and I had thought about before when I have got notifications about players been viewed.
    I know- I wasnt giving out that you were giving out :)
    No NT/U20 manager has been in my league so it never impacted me and they only viewed players that were known to be in the training regime.

I was annoyed about the thread and the way because you were irish it was instantly dismissed and the assumption was that there was an argument etc and the comunity were throwing prams and toys etc.
    that kind of annoyed me too...it shouldnt matter what nationality the manager is. I think I might have gotten a better reaction if I had posted under my affiliates manager :D
    It is a legitimate area you have raised, and must be frustrating to be dismissed by the "experienced" (read vocal/dominant) members from other countries.

Well that's what annoyed me when I read through after jonny posted the link.
    I feel a bit vindicated in making the suggestion now that I can see that you & some others agree with it (Krissovo for one!)
    Phonehead wrote: »
    Guys it is embarrassing, every other community has their issues but they keep it in house. The suggestion didn't need to point to the incident and that's why everybody myself included thought Ireland at it again! Mouse probably got carried away with scouting potential future players as knowing one player in your squad won't help you in this game. My advice to those who complain about this ability to view players is to make it known on the offsite you have no intention to train so don't ever look! Simple really

The suggestion didnt point to a specific incident -Mouse did.

I also had made it clear that U20 player wasnt going to be available -both to Mouse & the u20 manager...yet Mouse still went snooping. I appreciate that knowing one player wont help much...but he now knows the stats of my best lock & my hooker..my money is he wont be kicking to touch in our games

The whole GH thing was a joke and should never ever have been aired in public, unless the Scottish publicly made a statement about the intensity agreement issues. Anyone interested in the NT scene would have heard it through the grapevine that there were issues.

I think this is different, it's nothing to do with the Irish community. It's a suggestion to improve the game. Yes, it may have been kick-started by Mouse's actions, but that was nowhere evident in the original post. Really the suggestion should have been left to stand on its own merits, it was poor form for people to jump in with the "typical Ireland" comments and maybe not the best of judgement for Mouse to dive on in there, which did turn it into a bit of a confrontation.

While the GH issue could have been dealt with in-house, something like this 100% has to be done for the game as it's a game development aspect, not relating to any community in particular.

Not aiming this at Mouse or anyone in particular, but it'd be very easy for an untested entity to get voted in and run wild, and as I said on-site, better to prevent abuse than to have to clean up the mess afterwards.

Edit: Also don't think Mouse meant anything bad by it, probably just got caught up in the scouting madness. Even with the stats info he probably wouldn't think he has a chance, haven't checked recently but I imagine the quality difference between the two teams is significant.

daheff wrote: »
    The suggestion didnt point to a specific incident -Mouse did.

I also had made it clear that U20 player wasnt going to be available -both to Mouse & the u20 manager...yet Mouse still went snooping. I appreciate that knowing one player wont help much...but he now knows the stats of my best lock & my hooker..my money is he wont be kicking to touch in our games

While he was foolish to have a look, he may have hoped to persuade you to release them if they were in contention for the u20's.

I think Mouse came out as people had already linked the "issue" to him as they were taking about it and even scounted your team and mentiond mouse being in the same league.

This whole thing is being built up by foreign managers to make an issue rather than treating the suggestion and discussing it by its own merits.

*wouldn't happen in this forum us mods would have got it back on track!:p:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I miss the good old days of the Dutch. Witty banter, clever write ups and a strong small community.

ajeffares wrote: »
    I miss the good old days of the Dutch. Witty banter, clever write ups and a strong small community.

The interesting thing is that once they moved home they all lost interest in the game! Only Priest and a few others left playing

The interesting thing is that once they moved home they all lost interest in the game! Only Priest and a few others left playing

I suppose their community suddenly got way too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

ajeffares wrote: »

That's strange alright. I was just reading through some of the old match previews from s6 or so. Absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

daheff wrote: »
    My intention with the suggestion was not to report mouse (or anybody else)- but to remove a potential loop hole for nt/u20 managers to just view players whenever they wanted.

Dragging up an old topic but got this email last week.
    "Hi there,

This is a quick note to let you know that amleto, the manager of the Ireland U20 International team has viewed the skills for your eligible player Ernesto Moreau, as part of their international coaching duties.

Club Secretary"

Amleto is U20 manager and manager of GufinGolfini in my league. I told him and someone else who contacted me (i forget) a while back that i wouldn't be training him further and he had no future at U20. Still he checked about a month after that conversation.

It might not be cheating (Moreau isn't too far behind in CSR) but i wouldn't have allowed him look if i was given the choice. Definite loophole.

corny wrote: »
    Dragging up an old topic but got this email last week.

Amleto is U20 manager and manager of GufinGolfini in my league. I told him and someone else who contacted me (i forget) a while back that i wouldn't be training him further and he had no future at U20. Still he checked about a month after that conversation.

It might not be cheating (Moreau isn't too far behind in CSR) but i wouldn't have allowed him look if i was given the choice. Definite loophole.

my guess is the other person who contacted you is mouseonfire.

you should email amleto and tell him/her not to look again or you'll report for abuse. mouse eventually got the message from me (after a number of mails/guestbook msgs).

Yeah, guess a warning shot across the bow is the way to go. Checking out one player won't bring you down, but, two could go a long way.

Yeah, guess a warning shot across the bow is the way to go. Checking out one player won't bring you down, but, two could go a long way.

No i'm still gonna thrash him in a couple of weeks.;)

corny wrote: »

No i'm still gonna thrash him in a couple of weeks.;)

If you want I can have a word in an off the record official manner, clearly you made it known that your player is not available so there should be no viewings.

If you want I can have a word in an off the record official manner, clearly you made it known that your player is not available so there should be no viewings.

Nah, no need. Sure all he can do is see how awesome i am at training wingers.;)

Thanks anyway Phonehead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement