Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewalt table saw motor fault

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I have a dewalt table saw Dw744x 110v that I brought over from the states when I was working there a good while ago. The motor eventually packed in a few weeks ago and I need to replace it and get it running again. Any suggestions on repair. Tried paragon tools a few years ago but the pale nail gun I left in for a service came back missing a battery so not too keen to repeat that one! Any other suggestions not costing the earth. Not sure what model it is but tried looking up online to purchase motor parts myself but had no joy. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Parts/Search?searchedNumber=motor

Parts are available here. Just did a search online.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Whats the problem with the motor. ? Normally they are bulletproof. I have the DeWalt 760 also brought over from the 'States about 15 years ago and its perfect.
    There was an option on mine to wire it for 110 or 220 volt ( just connect the wiring box correctly ) so it might be possible with yours.
    Maybe get an electrician to check it out as it might be an easy fix unless the motor wiring is burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

recipio wrote: »
    Whats the problem with the motor. ? Normally they are bulletproof. I have the DeWalt 760 also brought over from the 'States about 15 years ago and its perfect.
    There was an option on mine to wire it for 110 or 220 volt ( just connect the wiring box correctly ) so it might be possible with yours.
    Maybe get an electrician to check it out as it might be an easy fix unless the motor wiring is burnt out.
    I was splitting some wet scaffold planking that were too hard on the motor and it went up in smoke. Not sure if it has the option you spoke about 110/240v as its about 10 odd years old too. Would love to get it back working as its a true workhorse!
    Sparks checked it out with no luck. Cheers for info.

;) :rolleyes: sounds like the motor winding is burnt out. It should be an easy fix to fit a new 220 volt motor. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Fry'd the motor
    Jessssssus "wet scaffold planking" :eek:

That is a direct drive motor set-up on that saw if I am not mistaken.

Fry'd the motor
    Jessssssus "wet scaffold planking" :eek:

That is a direct drive motor set-up on that saw if I am not mistaken.
    I hear ya! Costly mistake! Thought it would be no bother after it zipping through 3" oak and iroko over the years however I was wrong. What do you mean direct drive motor set up? I am not very sparks educated so could do with all the advice?

recipio wrote: »
    ;) :rolleyes: sounds like the motor winding is burnt out. It should be an easy fix to fit a new 220 volt motor. ?
    The original had a 110v motor. Is it easy to change these? Also may want to keep the original 110 as handy if ever on the sites again! God forbid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    What do you mean direct drive motor set up?

A direct-drive saw has No belts - the motor is connected directly to the blade.

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    The original had a 110v motor. Is it easy to change these? Also may want to keep the original 110 as handy if ever on the sites again! God forbid...

It might be possible to rewind the motor but expect to pay about 150 euro.That would save having to mount a new motor which will push the cost up.However in your case it might make more sense to install a 2 or 2.5 hp 220 volt motor. Belt drives are easier as the shaft size is not critical. Try offer your burnt out motor as a trade in - its worth something to an electricial repair shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Try http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ just have your model number. find them great for all parts!

Advertisement