Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna - Foe of Modern Ireland

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:27am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Most boardies won't have heard of Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna.

Her anti-divorce, anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pretty much everything else anti-secular campaigns were at their height long before most on this site were even born.

But Una is the mother of Niamh, the person who founded Youth Defense and Coir. She is a religious fanatic and famously told pro-divorce campaigners at the result of the divorce referendum back in 1995 that they were "a bunch of wife swapping sodomites."

This is what Una had to say back in the 1970s about women's rights campaigners:
    Una and others called Women’s Lib activists “fornicators”, “dirty sluts”, “tarts” and “filthy bastards who should never get married”.

If you want to learn a little about Una, take a look at the link below:
    http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/una-bean-mhic-mhathuna-40-years-of-reactionary-politics/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Story about her kids and the role they play in youth defenec in The Phoenix this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This the one thats a postmistress (master/person) in Galway or Limerick?

There was a thread on her a couple of weeks back iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Lovely. Our very own fundamentalist nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

''We do not want contraception, abortion, divorce, homosexuality, secular schools or any of the trappings of an uninspiring secular Ireland''

We dont want you either you bitter oul cow.

Horrible vile woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pics or GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Is that your blog, JupiterKid?

If it is, well done. Its a cracking read.

JupiterKid wrote: »

Ride, obviously very down about her looks :pac:

Noone else can have a life cause im an ugly pig:pac:

On a serious note, She's the kinda woman I detest, self righteous, and has no empathy or understanding. Evil control freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Her anti-divorce, anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pretty much everything else anti-secular campaigns were at their height long before most on this site were even born.

But Una is the mother of Niamh, the person who founded Youth Defense and Coir. She is a religious fanatic and famously told pro-divorce campaigners at the result of the divorce referendum back in 1995 that they were "a bunch of wife swapping sodomites."

This is what Una had to say back in the 1970s about women's rights campaigners:

If you want to learn a little about Una, take a look at the link below:
    http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/una-bean-mhic-mhathuna-40-years-of-reactionary-politics/

why are you telling us this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Showing an awful lot of boob there.
    I wouldn't trust her meself. They're too close together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

why are you telling us this?

Cos today she went to the great big novena in the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bit uptight that wan.....Could do with flickin' her bean once in a while....

Johro wrote: »
    Showing an awful lot of boob there.
    I wouldn't trust her meself. They're too close together.

Slut:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Scary part, is what she got up to with her best friend who died today.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0807/mine-bean-ui-chribin.html
    She was a regular guest on the Late Late Show when it was hosted by Gay Byrne. She denounced Pope John Paul and the Catholic hierarchy as heretics.

She castigated anyone who advocated divorce, abortion or contraception, and once referred to unmarried mothers as ''mistresses''.

Mrs Bean Uí Chribín was also involved in a High Court injunction in 2000, which stopped the HSE taking a Roscommon woman’s six children into care.

She supported the woman in court. The mother was later jailed for seven years for neglect. The incident came to be known as the ''Roscommon House of Horrors'' case.

The abuse was allowed to continue for a further four years until the children were finally taken into care in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ah leave them to it, they'll put more people on the other side than anyone could

21/25

Sharrow wrote: »
    Scary part, she interfered with social workers taking those abused kids into care and so they were let with their parents for another 4 years.

If there ever was a one woman case for euthanasia :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

She looks like Susan Boyle....

Only tonight I realised Im the biggest religious hyprocrite :V

Im Catholic, I never go to mass, I had a teenage pregnancy, I have one night stands, and I fooking love sex.

Yet If Im asked, Yes, I am a Catholic

syndeyfife wrote: »
    She looks like Susan Boyle....

Only tonight I realised Im the biggest religious hyprocrite :V

Im Catholic, I never go to mass, I had a teenage pregnancy, I have one night stands, and I fooking love sex.

Yet If Im asked, Yes, I am a Catholic

Feck it... does it not say in the bible '' Let he without sin cast the first stone''

too many extreme catholics running amuck imho.

Feck it... does it not say in the bible '' Let he without sin cast the first stone''

too many extreme catholics running amuck imho.

Exactly, every Catholic knows you take the bible with a pinch of salt :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Cos today she went to the great big novena in the sky.

Nope - that was another bigoted religious fanatic, Mena Bean Ui Chribin, former Santry postmistress.

They haven't completely gone away yet, you know.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/religious-activist-tried-to-help-house-of-horrors-mother-1611637.html

• Advertisement

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Exactly, every Catholic knows you take the bible with a pinch of salt :P

Agreed, not to mention women are human too and entitled to act how we see fit, sure Mary Magdalene was a prostitute!

Us ladies must be seen and not heard though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I genuinely don't understand anti-divorce campaigners. I guess it's because I was brought up in the 90s and not the 60s, but I just can't grasp why anyone would prefer someone to stay in an abusive marriage, for example, than get a divorce. Or how they'd rather a couple stay together and argue non-stop than split up and live happier lives.

I can see why people campaign against abortion, for example (even though I don't necessarily agree) - but divorce? I just don't get it.

I genuinely don't understand anti-divorce campaigners. I guess it's because I was brought up in the 90s and not the 60s, but I just can't grasp why anyone would prefer someone to stay in an abusive marriage, for example, than get a divorce. Or how they'd rather a couple stay together and argue non-stop than split up and live happier lives.

I can see why people campaign against abortion, for example (even though I don't necessarily agree) - but divorce? I just don't get it.

I was always in the mindset that divorce and abortion were black and white, and I for one, was against them.

I thought you get into a relationship, you make your bed, you lie in it.

Fook that!!!!!! One abusive relationship later and divorce is the best thing since sliced bread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LoocyLoo

''We do not want contraception, abortion, divorce, homosexuality, secular schools or any of the trappings of an uninspiring secular Ireland''

Ha! She must HATE the Ireland of today!

LoocyLoo wrote: »
    Ha! She must HATE the Ireland of today!

She should crawl back under her slimy little rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Her anti-divorce, anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pretty much everything else anti-secular campaigns were at their height long before most on this site were even born....
    She also campaigned against the Lisbon treaty as part of Coir, and cooperated closely with Declan Ganley's Libertas. Probably contributed to the perception that the no side campaigners were slightly nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Sharrow wrote: »
    Scary part, is what she got up to with her best friend who died today.

Oh God, that's horrific. That was an awful, awful case. And she's supposed to care about children?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So she's our version of the Westboro Baptist Church...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So she's not dead? Oh.

Advertisement