Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna - Foe of Modern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Shur nobody listens to what she has to say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Sounds like its one down one to go so, world will be a better place without them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

why are you telling us this?

cause he probably just heard the news story on her over the last couple of days - I think she died recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

cause he probably just heard the news story on her over the last couple of days - I think she died recently.

No. She didn't

Mena Bean Ui Chribin died

Una Bean Mathuna is still alive.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

WELL SHE'S DEAD TO ME!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

All this talk about wife swapping sodomy and fornication has me as stiff as she probably is at this very minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

stovelid wrote: »
    All this talk about wife swapping sodomy and fornication has me as stiff as she probably is at this very minute.

except she's not stiff - different woman

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Actor is a notitious troll/source of hilarity on the atheism forums. he also seems to be obsessed with sodomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Good.

Fùcking.

Riddance.

Horrible relic of extreme Catholic Ireland and disgusting for going against the HSE over the Roscommon mother in her misguided view of protecting the sanctity of family, despite having never existed in the first place in that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Actor wrote: »
    Typical boards.ie commentary. Why can't you just disagree without being a dick?
    kk sorry im a dick:pac:
    Me thinks you've been reading too many airport lounge books.

I was obviously misinformed, I was wrong :pac::pac:

EDIT
    Who the HELL reads too many airport lounge books?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So it seems posts on women's looks in AH are only fair game when we don't agree with their agenda? :rolleyes:

Edit: absolute pig by the way.

Yeah it was a bit harsh of me I'll agree, her looks have nothing to do with it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yay! Actor's here to make us laugh until lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Allah is currently trying to calm her down

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Personally I think we need women like Banny whatshername around -

she is needed as a constant reminder of the subjugated situation this country emerged from, the vile pious hypocrisy, the invasive shame and guilt brigade, the two faced abusers, the hierarchy living in palaces, the valley of the squinting windows etc etc

The country is far from perfect but in 30 years it has done a 180 socially, mainly thanks to education and information and a few brave people who led the way in exposing the reality of many so-called pillars of society

Anyone with half an interest in society or in what real love and compassion is all about is well aware of Mhic Mhathuna and her offspring and their vile fascist organisations, they see them for what they are - the minority of minorities, the margins of error, the statisical anomoly - just cos they put up a few posters in this free society doesnt mean they will prevail in any sense

But while they do exist they serve to keep the rest of us vigilant to complacency and apathy about their activities and their aims, and thats no bad thing

So long life to you Una and your ilk, keep up the vitriol, youll be in hell long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Larbre34 wrote: »

The country is far from perfect but in 30 years it has done a 180 socially, mainly thanks to education and information and a few brave people who led the way in exposing the reality of many so-called pillars of society

Anyone with half an interest in society or in what real love and compassion is all about is well aware of Mhic Mhathuna and her offspring and their vile fascist organisations, they see them for what they are - the minority of minorities, the margins of error, the statisical anomoly - just cos they put up a few posters in this free society doesnt mean they will prevail in any sense

So, just out of curiosity what values and institutions have we replaced the religious headbangers with that's suddenly sprouting love and compassion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

krudler wrote: »
    Actor is a notitious troll/source of hilarity on the atheism forums. he also seems to be obsessed with sodomy.

And why wouldn't he be, it's great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bambi wrote: »
    So, just out of curiosity what values and institutions have we replaced the religious headbangers with that's suddenly sprouting love and compassion?
    I think you misunderstand.

When you remove the religious headbangers, the balance of love and compassion in the world increases for the better. You don't have to replace them, just remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

And why wouldn't he be, it's great fun.
    I'm actually with the bible on this one - tis better to give, than to recieve:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

JupiterKid wrote: »

If you want to learn a little about Una, take a look at the link below:
    http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/una-bean-mhic-mhathuna-40-years-of-reactionary-politics/

Nah

seamus wrote: »

When you remove the religious headbangers, the balance of love and compassion in the world increases for the better. You don't have to replace them, just remove them.

So you're saying that once you created a void in terms of religious values and all that malarkey, then society will naturally develop love and compassion?

Don't think so, as far as I can see we replaced one set of busybodies who think they know what's best for everyone with another set of busybodies who think they know whats best for everyone.

And the other imported religious nutters are coming along nicely and all, won't be long before that pack of nutters are making their presence felt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So you're saying that once you created a void in terms of religious values and all that malarkey, then society will naturally develop love and compassion?
    Nope, that's not what I said. I said the balance would be tipped when you remove it.

Hate and oppression has to be institutionalised to gain any traction, you have to be organised in order to effectively spread hate and misery. A hateful individual on their own quickly gets marginalised and has no voice.

The same is not true of love and compassion.

Though I do agree that when a void is created you will often just get another group of scum coming in to fill it. No shortage of scum in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Typical boards.ie commentary. Why can't you just disagree without being a dick?

Ahem.......
    Yep. There's nothing sexual about homosexual "sex". There's no procreative element and therefore the homosexual act is nothing but self-gratuitous. All you get is a dirty knob end at the end of it.

Method acting it ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Don't think so, as far as I can see we replaced one set of busybodies who think they know what's best for everyone with another set of busybodies who think they know whats best for everyone.

And the other imported religious nutters are coming along nicely and all, won't be long before that pack of nutters are making their presence felt

You have to replace it with an organistaion, religious or otherwise, who educate and encourage and allow people to think for themselves. Do that and the rest will follow.

There are millions of people in the world who are either athiest or come from an athiest background who are well able to develop love and compassion. That comes from paretns and rearing, not from an institution.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    You have to replace it with an organistaion, religious or otherwise, who educate and encourage and allow people to think for themselves. Do that and the rest will follow.

There are millions of people in the world who are either athiest or come from an athiest background who are well able to develop love and compassion. That comes from paretns and rearing, not from an institution.

Who'll be told to think for themselves but oddly enough will wind up thinking exactly the way that the people who are pulling the strings in education etc want them to think

One set of nanny's for another lad's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The sooner these creatures cease to exist the better for humanity. Sounds like she would have liked to have had a 'Christian' version of Sharia law (Afghanistan style) in operation here in Ireland.

We had that right up until the mid 80s when contraception was made legal and even then it was the mid 90s before condoms were made legal.
    We are still fighting to sort out other rights which the conservative catholic groups do not want and put massive pressure on TDs to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who'll be told to think for themselves but oddly enough will wind up thinking exactly the way that the people who are pulling the strings in education etc want them to think

One set of nanny's for another lad's.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you here. I said what needed to happen, not what I thought was happening. What is happening, as you say, we've just switched one group for another..

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

seamus wrote: »

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Independent thought is enough to replace any institution of the type thats caused all the problems

Im not religious, you might have guessed, but I see the value of small community churches of any faith, likeminded people who worship as they want, with no reference to a mother church and whose efforts go back into the community

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why is this all the rage, because somebody did a blog on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Augmerson wrote: »
    Why is this all the rage, because somebody did a blog on it?

No cos there is a generation of people who grew up over the last 20 years who don't know who these fundies are and are unaware of that they did and how they still have massive influence in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

A Final Solution is needed for the mad Una Mahuna's around the world.

Advertisement