Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna - Foe of Modern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Augmerson wrote: »
    Why is this all the rage, because somebody did a blog on it?

There's a bit of confusion because one of her fellow escapee's from the asylum that happens to share both her extremely conservative views and double barrel Gaelic name has kicked the bucket.

dermo88 wrote: »
    A Final Solution is needed for the mad Una Mahuna's around the world.

Time is effective.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Education's your zyklon B for those types.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Quote from the link in NotForResale sig
    Every person has a purpose in life, and over the past half century we’ve wiped out more than one billion people. That’s one billion lives, one billion lifetimes, one billion contributions that the world has been deprived of… Millions of people have lost their husbands and wives to abortion! And now there are millions of family trees that will never happen, generations wiped out for thousands of years to come.
    And that’s only counting abortions. If we considered every potential parallel-universe baby, every sperm in every ejaculation throughout the entire of human history, every nine-month window during which a fertile woman wasn’t pregnant… we’re talking about slaughter on an unprecedented scale. The people who have never existed vastly outnumber the people who actually have, which leads to a startling conclusion:
    To a first approximation, the entire human species has been wiped out by the combined forces of masturbation and contraception. Almost everyone has been murdered.
    Scary stuff.

What the fúck goes on in these whack jobs heads.
    Almost everyone has been murdered?? WTF
    The people who never existed vastly outnumber the ones who have?? Are they on fúcking acid over there in youth defense HQ??

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Quote from the link in Notforsales sig
    What the fúck goes on in these whack jobs heads.
    Almost everyone has been murdered?? WTF
    The people who never existed vastly outnumber the ones who have?? Are they on fúcking acid over there in youth defense HQ??

it's nonsense isnt it! , I shudder at the thought of these people running the world:eek:

• Advertisement

Running the world?
    They should be running around in padded rooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Running the world?

No they push their leaflets in churches and picket and lobby TDs.
    Fine Geal TDs know as soon as they come out in favour of marriage equality or legislating for the X case they will have Youth Defence ringing their offices, turning up at their clinics and family homes.

With the referenda about the rights of the child there was a call for submissions about the family, and Youth Defence (and it's many other names) got people to write in espousing the view that a family is a married couple with children who live together as god intended, even sticking religious medals to the submission.

These aren't just Fundies, they are a well structured and dedicated group funded by christian evangelicals from the USA, determined that the only way of life in Ireland is that of the Catholic conservatives and they want to drag Ireland back to the 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The irony of that statement

Her expressed views as she desires to impose on others freedoms are tantamount to the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

She sounds like a horrible individual, I can't wait for the generation that supports her ilk to die off.

If I understand her logic correctly, every time you have sex and don't inseminate, you're killing a child? What a nutjob!

Sharrow wrote: »
    No they push their leaflets in churches and picket and lobby TDs.
    Fine Geal TDs know as soon as they come out in favour of marriage equality or legislating for the X case they will have Youth Defence ringing their offices, turning up at their clinics and family homes.

With the referenda about the rights of the child there was a call for submissions about the family, and Youth Defence (and it's many other names) got people to write in espousing the view that a family is a married couple with children who live together as god intended, even sticking religious medals to the submission.

These aren't just Fundies, they are a well structured and dedicated group funded by christian evangelicals from the USA, determined that the only way of life in Ireland is that of the Catholic conservatives and they want to drag Ireland back to the 50s.

True indeed.

Which is why I'd rather hear from them than not. Its a bit like minding kids, if I can hear them at least I know where they are.

Im convinced they do know theyre on a hiding to nothing though, one more generational turnover and they will disappear as an irrelevance.

Id actually love an abortion referendum, which by the way we are being denied in contravention of the law of the land. I wouldnt presume to impose my own opinions on others freedom of choice but the debate would be riotous, literally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Running the world?

Faster and faster until they appear to defy gravity by running perpendicular to the walls.

It sounded better in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Oh look at all the hate coming from the 'liberals'. If modern Ireland gets it rocks off thinking about blowing Zyklon B at it's foes than count me out.

Oh look at all the hate coming from the 'liberals'.

I don't care, an awful human being died.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

There's a bit of confusion because one of her fellow escapee's from the asylum that happens to share both her extremely conservative views and double barrel Gaelic name has kicked the bucket.

Which part of Mrs Una MacMahon is double barrelled? Although quite a few people might have liked to take a db shotgun to her!!

Marcusm wrote: »
    Which part of Mrs Una MacMahon is double barrelled? Although quite a few people might have liked to take a db shotgun to her!!

oh i was referring to "Mina Bean Uí Chroibín" and "Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna " they seemed kinda double barreled to me.

She sounds like a horrible individual, I can't wait for the generation that supports her ilk to die off.

If I understand her logic correctly, every time you have sex and don't inseminate, you're killing a child? What a nutjob!

Its like that classy t-shirt slogan "Hello Sir, last night 200,000,000 of my potential children died all over your daughter's face"

Someone should fry Una's mind and tell her that, between them, the menfolk of earth, as it stands will have in their lifetime murdered at LEAST

1,820,000,000,000,000,000,000 children..............

more awesome than scientific notation isnt it??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

oh i was referring to "Mina Bean Uí Chroibín" and "Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna " they seemed kinda double barreled to me.

Ah, now I understand. The Bean indicates a married woman, hence Mrs. Irish titles end up more like

Una Mrs MacMahon

Mina Mrs Cribbins (not sure about her chosen English name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Most boardies won't have heard of Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna.

Her anti-divorce, anti-contraception, anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pretty much everything else anti-secular campaigns were at their height long before most on this site were even born.

But Una is the mother of Niamh, the person who founded Youth Defense and Coir. She is a religious fanatic and famously told pro-divorce campaigners at the result of the divorce referendum back in 1995 that they were "a bunch of wife swapping sodomites."

This is what Una had to say back in the 1970s about women's rights campaigners:

If you want to learn a little about Una, take a look at the link below:
    http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/una-bean-mhic-mhathuna-40-years-of-reactionary-politics/

Not that I believe that Jesus ever existed, but I always find it hilllarious (albiet in a sad way), that a man potryed as essentially as a peace loving hippy who was more than likely spaced out on god knows what substance, and a forgiving and loving person to add, often has supporters who are the most two-faced, hypocratical and least forgiving of all members of the human race. These conservative, regressive arseholes who campaign in the name of Christ could not be further off in a way, because anything I've read about Christ (even if he may have been a fictional character) suggests that he would feel more at home with the pot-smoking, anti-war and anti-conformists of our day who believe in freeing the human mind and body from abritary confinement, than he would with the legalist and conformist Churchianity and it's willing sheep who seem hellbent (no pun intended) on confining the world to within their own narrow and bigoted worldviews, and using the force of the law to back up their position, and order how others live their lives.

These people, along with their beloved institutionalized religions, are truly more Caesar than Christ. Oh and she has more names than a Chinese phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Larbre34 wrote: »
    True indeed.

Which is why I'd rather hear from them than not. Its a bit like minding kids, if I can hear them at least I know where they are.

Im convinced they do know theyre on a hiding to nothing though, one more generational turnover and they will disappear as an irrelevance.

Id actually love an abortion referendum, which by the way we are being denied in contravention of the law of the land. I wouldnt presume to impose my own opinions on others freedom of choice but the debate would be riotous, literally

We don't need another referendum, we just need a government who are not a pack of cowards and will do their job and not be afraid of the Fundies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The sooner these vile, awful, ignorant women go on and meet the god they are so eager to promote, all the better.

Society will progress so much more without them here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The funny thing is that if these zealots can call you all the names under the sun and all you have to do is say "Forgive me"

Their religion commands them to forgive yet the ones like Una et al are the ones for whom forgiveness is an alien concept. They merely use their religion as a means of bullying others. They fail to grasp that no one is perfect. They are the ones who use second hand opinions and interpretations of theology and pawn it off as their own, instead of actually studying it themselves and drawing their own conclusions.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its like that classy t-shirt slogan "Hello Sir, last night 200,000,000 of my potential children died all over your daughter's face"

Someone should fry Una's mind and tell her that, between them, the menfolk of earth, as it stands will have in their lifetime murdered at LEAST

1,820,000,000,000,000,000,000 children..............

more awesome than scientific notation isnt it??

Well i'm sorry for my part una.
    As a teenager i'd casually slaughter a billion, maybe more on any given day just cos i was bored and it was raining outside! Or cos my ma got the new family album catalogue in the post (oh, the shame!)
    Probably just as well though, it would be damn crowded round here if i hadn't:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

dttq wrote: »
    I always find it hilllarious that a man potryed as essentially as a peace loving hippy ... has supporters who are the most two-faced, hypocratical and least forgiving of all members of the human race.

Reminds me of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dttq wrote: »
    Not that I believe that Jesus ever existed, but I always find it hilllarious (albiet in a sad way), that a man potryed as essentially as a peace loving hippy who was more than likely spaced out on god knows what substance, and a forgiving and loving person to add, often has supporters who are the most two-faced, hypocratical and least forgiving of all members of the human race. These conservative, regressive arseholes who campaign in the name of Christ could not be further off in a way, because anything I've read about Christ (even if he may have been a fictional character) suggests that he would feel more at home with the pot-smoking, anti-war and anti-conformists of our day who believe in freeing the human mind and body from abritary confinement, than he would with the legalist and conformist Churchianity and it's willing sheep who seem hellbent (no pun intended) on confining the world to within their own narrow and bigoted worldviews, and using the force of the law to back up their position, and order how others live their lives.

These people, along with their beloved institutionalized religions, are truly more Caesar than Christ. Oh and she has more names than a Chinese phone book.

What wouldn Jesus NOT do?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

psinno wrote: »
    Did a lack of divorce stop marriages breaking up? I kinda assumed it only stopped people moving cleanly into new relationships/marriages.

In some cases, it definitely did. Women couldn't leave their husbands back in the 60s - single mothers were thrown into laundries while the fathers were let free, so I can only imagine how terrified a woman would be to leave a marriage.

In later years, yeah, I'm sure couples separated without being divorced. But how many people do you know who are in their 70s/80s and divorced? I know plenty of people in my parents' generation who are separated, but I only know of one set of divorced grandparents.

Besides, my point wasn't so much about the pros and cons of divorce, I was more confused as to how anyone could protest against divorce!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

''We do not want contraception, abortion, divorce, homosexuality, secular schools or any of the trappings of an uninspiring secular Ireland''

Like it or not, those were the views of most Irish people up to quite recently.

There's still a lot of ignorance, just a different type of ignorance, in Ireland today, as evidenced by many of the hate filled posts in this thread. For instance, Ireland may have been a little behind other countries in liberalising laws, but not that much.

Anti-contraceptive laws were still in existance (even if not always enforced) in the U.K. and the U.S.A. up to the 60's and the 70's of the last century.

Just try to put things in some kind of historical perspective and don't be so dissmissive of everything that happened on our little island in the past.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Actor wrote: »
    Me thinks you've been reading too many airport lounge books.

Una? Is that you?:pac:

Are you happy with the way that Ireland has turned out?

Míshásta wrote: »
    Like it or not, those were the views of most Irish people up to quite recently.

There's still a lot of ignorance, just a different type of ignorance, in Ireland today, as evidenced by many of the hate filled posts in this thread. For instance, Ireland may have been a little behind other countries in liberalising laws, but not that much.

Anti-contraceptive laws were still in existance (even if not always enforced) in the U.K. and the U.S.A. up to the 60's and the 70's of the last century.

Just try to put things in some kind of historical perspective and don't be so dissmissive of everything that happened on our little island in the past.

Thats all well and good, but im hardly being dismissive of everything that happened on this island , her opinions are nonsense and hate filled.

. Una and others called Women’s Lib activists “fornicators”, “dirty sluts”, “tarts” and “filthy bastards who should never get married”.

How dare she ever comment on anybody like that? who is she to call anyone a ''dirty slut''

On RTE’s programme ‘Corkabout’ that same month Una admitted that she believed that “the primary function of women is childbearing”.

Says it all, sorry brb bearing children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Hateful individual.

But, I don't agree with that she says, but I defend to the death her right to say it kinda thing. If that makes sense. And the right of people to oppose her.

Advertisement