Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible resonance problems that is killing confidence

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, Ok so I have an unsually high pallate which I think is causing my resonance problems. Basically no one can understand what is im saying without me drastically raising my voice, My voice is deep and rich, but its muffled, and almost seems to echo around the inside of my mouth. I cant seem to produce a forward tone, direct the resonance to the front of my mouth... Its awful. Everyone i know have nice clear voices that echo around the room instead of inside of the mouth like me, their voices project and resonate even without effort or raised voice. Please help me! Its killing my confidence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

Hi Mikey,

Has speech always been that way for you?

I'm curious, when you're speaking with people where is your attention? ie: are you focused on the words you're saying, your thoughts, your throat?

Do you find your "attention" is down in your mouth or out to the person you're speaking with or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Speech therapy can help with this sort of problem. You could ring your local HSE speech therapy dept, speak to a speech therapist and see can you be self-referred. There may be a waiting list. Otherwise you could go private but appointments will probably cost 80 per hour something like that.

Advertisement