Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combined Versus Online Tefl

• 08-08-2012 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a little advice on the difference between the courses.

I'm just wondering with the purely online courses, is it harder to find work? Does it mean you can't work in certain countries?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Just looking for a little advice on the difference between the courses.

I'm just wondering with the purely online courses, is it harder to find work? Does it mean you can't work in certain countries?

ACELS CELT (c. €1000) or CELTA (c. €1500) are the way to go. My advice is to forget these cheap piddly online and combined courses; you will not be employed in Ireland with them. I'd imagine reputable schools outside Ireland would also not equate a 40 hour combined or online course with a month-long/120 hour ACELS or CELTA and their 6 hours teaching practice. Understandably enough.

Advertisement