Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixifoto...

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me anything about pixifoto in Tralee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

beenz wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone tell me anything about pixifoto in Tralee?
    I know they have a massive turnover in staff if that's what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

lol - that was exactly what I was thinking when I read OP's question. For a town of mass unemployment, it seems to be the only employer in Tralee that is constantly advertising vacancies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Has anyone got a link or where I could view their vacancies or do I need to contract them directly?

What kind of jobs do they advertise if you don't mind me asking?
    Are they based in Tralee?

doovdela wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link or where I could view their vacancies or do I need to contract them directly?

What kind of jobs do they advertise if you don't mind me asking?
    Are they based in Tralee?
    Normally its a photo assistant and its advertised in the Kerrys eye. They are always looking so I'd say if you mailed them a CV, they'd be in touch - thick skin required :D

pixifoto(AT)photocorp.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Normally its a photo assistant and its advertised in the Kerrys eye. They are always looking so I'd say if you mailed them a CV, they'd be in touch - thick skin required :D

pixifoto(AT)photocorp.ie

How do you mean a thick skin required, for the job or when applying to them with a CV?

Oh right thanks, don't usually read the Kerryseye but haven't spotted those vacancies in the Kerryman.

Thanks for that heads up. Where are they located in Tralee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 beenz

Does anyone here know anyone that worked for them or is working for them?
    Why the massive turnover?
    I was on about pics................
    What is their customer service like?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

doovdela wrote: »
    How do you mean a thick skin required, for the job or when applying to them with a CV?

Oh right thanks, don't usually read the Kerryseye but haven't spotted those vacancies in the Kerryman.

Thanks for that heads up. Where are they located in Tralee?

I think they are based in Mothercare up in Manor West.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I thought the photos were ok , i had photos done with bluebell that used to be in tobby world and thought they were better, they are in killarney now' but have to say man in tobby world was very pushy ' he,s the owner . You cant compare pixy to a professional photographer.

They will do there best to push you into a package sale' the staff have to make their number ,thats why they get though so much staff, prety much like any other sales job tho , like car sales, ... Only pay is prety bad

Does anyone here know anyone that worked for them or is working for them?
    Why the massive turnover?
    I was on about pics................
    What is their customer service like?
    Sorry, I think everyone made assumptions about it when you asked. I personally know two people who have worked for them. They had a management team that was not too pleasant to say the least.

I thought the photos were ok , i had photos done with bluebell that used to be in tobby world and thought they were better, they are in killarney now' but have to say man in tobby world was very pushy ' he,s the owner . You cant compare pixy to a professional photographer.

They will do there best to push you into a package sale' the staff have to make their number ,thats why they get though so much staff, prety much like any other sales job tho , like car sales, ... Only pay is prety bad

Did you get pictures done in Pixi and then in Bluebell and when did you get them done?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I think everyone made assumptions about it when you asked. I personally know two people who have worked for them. They had a management team that was not too pleasant to say the least.

Why was that? Are they still there?

Why was that? Are they still there?
    I think the manager has since left or been fired

I think the manager has since left or been fired

Fair enough, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Did you get pictures done in Pixi and then in Bluebell and when did you get them done?

I got photos done about 2 years ago in bluebell tralee and they were ok' i got my free one and bought 2 others' i would have bought more but guy was well pushy so i just walked' then 4 months later i one yet another free studio with bluebell but this time it was castleisland branch and photos were way better and guy was well sound, even let me pay off over 6 month period, they closed down castleisland since but my friend said he went out on his own.

I got pixy done about 8 months ago and i just took free one , it was the nicest one , their viewing for photos sucked , i was told to view photos while they took another studio , seemed very impersonnel for myself and the other person having photos taken.

Advertisement