Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electricity pylon strange sensation!

• 08-08-2012 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Okay, this is gonna sound weird but bear with me...

Heading home from the pub (drunk, admittedly!) I decided to walk the four kilometres, rather than get a taxi. On the way out a country road (South Dundalk) I passed an electricity pylon just off the footpath. There was a humming/electric pulse (best way I can describe it!) sound coming from it. When I walked passed, I got a strange 'warm' sensation from it, which desisted once I'd gotten a few metres the other side of it!

I'm freaked out as to what this might be. Anybody able to put me at ease!!!?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Aids......def electric aids :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Buzz from drink perhaps?? :D

Seriously though, it's not uncommon for pylons to buzz if there's a sodium lamp on them or a switch or something. Might I suggest the warm feeling was from the sheltered area behind the pole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

You were coming home from the pub when it happened? You were obviously distracted by the humming and pissed yourself, explains the fleeting warm sensation. Have a shower before bed and you'll be right as rain in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

You were coming home from the pub when it happened? You were obviously distracted by the humming and pissed yourself, explains the fleeting warm sensation. Have a shower before bed and you'll be right as rain in the morning.
    I considered stating in the OP that I hadn't pissed myself (should've in hindsight). Deffo not the case (have checked!)Very strange, t'was!

Have just come home and eaten a packet of Nordie Tayto without realising that it was over six months out of date! Having a holocaust of a night!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

Il Trap wrote: »
    Have just come home and eaten a packet of Nordie Tayto without realising that it was over six months out of date! Having a holocaust of a night!!! :(
    Your so clever! Not!

Dub88 wrote: »
    Your so clever! Not!
    :confused: Right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You got your bum-bum probed by aliens didn't you?

Yeah good story Rummy.

You got your bum-bum probed by aliens didn't?
    At least that might explain things but fairly sure, no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Sometimes they buzz because they are close to a substation or atmospheric conditions, but then your imagination takes over.

Your sound and you will live till you are 170 and I am looking forward to your 169 celebration.

It's gas some people think I am an optimist.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Sometimes they buzz because they are close to a substation or atmospheric conditions, but then your imagination takes over.

Your sound and you will live till you are 170 and I am looking forward to your 169 celebration.

It's gas some people think I am an optimist.
    Sweet! I'm taking that info as fact! /thread! Cheers! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Dub88 wrote: »
    Your so clever! Not!
    This post is just a flop in every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Should have p!ssed on the pylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I'll take this on, kind of an expert in this field.
    You see ever since we connected to the English grid you have the dearer fossel fueled Irish current flowing one way and the cheaper energy efficient neuclear English current going the other way. The Humming noise and heat is caused by these two currents flowing through each other.
    Yours
    LG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Electro Gonorrhoea - The Noisy Killer, Its fatal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Il Trap wrote: »
    Okay, this is gonna sound weird but bear with me...

Heading home from the pub (drunk, admittedly!) I decided to walk the four kilometres, rather than get a taxi. On the way out a country road (South Dundalk) I passed an electricity pylon just off the footpath. There was a humming/electric pulse (best way I can describe it!) sound coming from it. When I walked passed, I got a strange 'warm' sensation from it, which desisted once I'd gotten a few metres the other side of it!

I'm freaked out as to what this might be. Anybody able to put me at ease!!!?? :confused:

You should have climbed it and taken a piss on the cables, that would have cooled it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

You're in love with a pylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

That'll teach ya not to forget your faraday cage when go out. :mad:

Advertisement