Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 2nd WHV question.. Sorry!!

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Quick question..

I arrived in Aus the 8th of March this year so I have 7 months left on my first WHV. Did the regional work and applied for my second year last night..
    If I get granted does that mean I have an additional 12 months plus the 7 I have left on my first?

I'm just worried I've applied to early and if my visa is granted soon I will only
    Have 12 months left from the day it is granted and lose the 7 that is remaining on my first? !

I only ask because someone in work asked and worried me!
    I rang immigration and they said yes I'm
    entitled to stay until March 2014 but he was getting confused himself so just wanted to get more confirmation off ye guys...

Stupid question possibly :/

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

lippy11 wrote: »
    I rang immigration and they said yes I'm
    entitled to stay until March 2014
    You believe a guy in work over immigration?

But yes you have an extra year, as outlined on immi.gov.au
    (http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/how-the-visa-works.htm)
    You are in Australia, and hold a first Working Holiday visa:
    You can remain in Australia for 24 months from the date you first entered Australia on your first Working Holiday visa

Either way - congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

She just made me think twice :/

I didn't see that part you quoted on the website, obviously didn't look well enough!

Thanks Hussey, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

I have a question about the 2nd year visa as well :D. I've the 3 months done and my current visa will expire on the 24th of Aug. I'm just wondering do I have to apply for my 2nd year before this date, if I do does the 2nd year commence on the 25th? Or is the case I can just apply for it when ever I feel like going back over (I have my payslips from my rural work if it makes a difference...)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

you can apply whenever you feel like it but it may take a few weeks to process, so do it a few weeks before you wish to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

Thanks podgie, I've been really wondering about this

• Advertisement
Advertisement