Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random thread of randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I've got the worst man flu that anyone has ever had!

i don't think i'll make it through the night so Herself has agreed to send all of my nichrome, wick and mesh to sir Digby In tomorrows post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Elbow wrote: »
    I've got the worst man flu that anyone has ever had!

i don't think i'll make it through the night so Herself has agreed to send all of my nichrome, wick and mesh to sir Digby In tomorrows post

I see my plan is working

excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Just saw what I thought was a huge mutant tarantulas leg moving on my wall behind my radio - turns out it was a mouse tail. Screeched for the husband and the cat. Mouse caught and released back into the garden. I'm exhausted from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

How long do the Ego chargers normally last?

Read Dibgys post about going back on fags due to a broken charger on a bank holiday weekend and it has me worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I would expect anything in between a nano second to 10 years knowing Chinese production quality.

I have found you need spare spares when your a vaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I don't think this needs any explanation, just enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Strawberry Lemonade overdose = the shakes.

god damnn I love t-juice eastern blend

so many great tobacco juices lately

been vaping nothing else all day, every time I think I'll vape a fruit juice or a different tobacco my hand just reaches for the eastern blend bottle and before I know what i've done i've dripped 6 drops into the bulli

****'s powerful

coming to the end of the 5th day with the coil In my bulli

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without rebuilding a coil.... no real urge to do so any time soon either.. wonder how long it's going to last me

• Advertisement

WANTED:

A 10ml needle tipped bottle of Adam's sin apple.

Last seen in my shirt pocket 25 minutes ago.

If spotted please do not approach, if it has the ability to grow legs it may also be capable of killing!

Nice style......Suitable for me

WANTED:

Black Provari mini, last seen at Vienna airport security check approximately 11:40 CET this morning :-(

Black Provari mini Owner was seen screaming at Vienna security before removed by boarder control :mad:

krissovo wrote: »

WANTED:

Black Provari mini, last seen at Vienna airport security check approximately 11:40 CET this morning :-(

Black Provari mini Owner was seen screaming at Vienna security before removed by boarder control :mad:

Gutting absolutely gutting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

WANTED:

What explanation did they give you?? Sickner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You poor thing! Do they just keep it there until you come back?

The provari was taken apparently based on a security bulletin that was released last week. No idea why but a Austrian IED technician stated it was viable trigger. I found this funny as in a previous life I was also a bomb disposal officer in the British Army so we had a good "technical" argument where I gave the facts that I did in fact have 64 other items in my hand luggage that could be also be a viable trigger.

Anyway I am back Austria on Monday and its unclear if they will return the provari :mad:

EDIT: Just to add, for the 1100 twist with more "power" that was in the same case they didnt bat an eye lid

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Does anybody know if there is a flash-light adapter with a 510 thread.
    lets face it a mod is just fancy flash-light without the bulb,
    It might just pacify airport security.

I have seen LED lights, laser pointers and a USB charger

I think the issue is with the xray signature, I was shown it today after my rant and its clear there is a battery then a complex circuit board. When compared to the twist it just like a battery with a single simple resistor circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ffs, that's painful. Airport security are in a world of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

That's bloody crazy that they can do that, b******s... I hope you manage to get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I have seen LED lights, laser pointers and a USB charger

I think the issue is with the xray signature, I was shown it today after my rant and its clear there is a battery then a complex circuit board. When compared to the twist it just like a battery with a single simple resistor circuit.

Did they give you or did ask for a receipt after it being confiscated, surely there must be some procedure where confiscated items can be redeemed when leaving the country?

I'd totally lose my rag if that happened and would end up ****ing them out of it and getting put behind bars, has made me think twice now about taking my Provari abroad on hols, might be better to take different gear with you when going to countries who have a vaping ban like Austria, as they seem totally ignorant to the devices.

It's with the police now apparently, I have a case number and knowing the Austrians it will be well processed. I will report to airport police on Monday and hopefully they will let me mail it back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Have been to Germany and driven to Austria with my "simple" vaping gear - no issues. I would have thought that Germany & Austria would have had same approach, but obviously not. What's crazy, is that they confiscated only one piece of your gear. If they were to be consistent they should have taken it all or none!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oshea1paul

Was in Oz for three months and no issue with vaping. I checked it out before heading down under and WA has no restrictions other than you can't buy e-cigs locally. Slight issue flying with Emirats as they are not allowed so had to hit the toilet every hour or so. Cabin crew said they would report us to the ground crew if we kept using them on the aircraft.
    Oz seems to have diff laws depending on with area you are in. ok to buy in some areas and use but only ok to use in others like WA. total ban in other areas like in the NE.
    Probably best to pack and good gear and just have a simple tank system with you so not a bit loss if taken away

The worst thing is that most weeks I take at least 4 flights, I must have taken around 30 flights with this setup and gone through the same security in Vienna 6 times.

This week has been the worst for checking my gear, every check has asked me to take out the provari and show security. Normally it's 50% so I think it time to find a hand luggage setup.

I have been reunited with my provari:D

I have also been fined €80 for causing a public disturbance :mad:

Getting MY provari back......Worth a couple more fines in my opinion:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Absolute madness that they confiscated it.

I've traveled with mine a couple of times at this stage and nothing was said, just threw it in the tray with my phone and jobs a good'un.

Great ya got it back tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Just seeing this now. Madness! Glad you've been reunited though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

glad you've got it back, that was pretty mental. what's the story with the fine though, did they issue that on the day or after the fact? that's even more mental!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I have been reunited with my provari:D

I have also been fined €80 for causing a public disturbance :mad:
    Who was a naughty boy then :D

Advertisement