Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraced House- Estimate for small front porch

Options
  • 08-08-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I know I am asking how long is a piece of string type question but due to a growing family, we need to build a front porch on our house. Something with a simple lean-to slated roof, about 10ft x 9ft. Excluding the cost of windows and front door, could someone ballpark an extension like this? We havent a clue what sort of prices to expect.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

With windows your looking at around 8.5k. Thats the exact size i went for lately and i got 3 quotes.

If your going ahead with it. I will give you my window contact. I found him the cheapest. The block layers are all around the same.

If you can use Block instead of brick it works out cheaper but then you have to factor in plasterer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Bear in mind at the proposed size you will require planning permission and should factor in the cost of the application into your overall budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

thank you both. Yes I know I will need planning.

Joey, could you pm me your windows guy? Regardless, we will have to get windows elsewhere in the house.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to Prices/costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

muffler wrote: »
    I'll move this to Prices/costs.
    Thanks muffler, sorry didn't realise there was a costs forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks muffler, sorry didn't realise there was a costs forum.
    You're grand. A lot of people dont know about it but it is generating more and more traffic as time goes by so hopefully it will be as busy as the parent C & P forum in no time. :)

Advertisement