Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying bills when moving in mid billing cycle?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 9:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving into a new place on August 20th, sharing with two others.

I have agreed to pay rent from August 1st as this is the date the room becomes free.

ESB and UPC are paid bi monthly. Latest cycle goes Mid July-Mid Sept.

My understanding is that the tenant who moved out has paid their part of bills up to end of July based on the last cycle amount.

Seeing as I have technically taken over tenancy since August 1st am I required to contribute to the bills from Aug 1st-20th even though I won't be there?

I have a feeling I will be requested to do so and don't want to cause any tension with my new flatmates.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am moving into a new place on August 20th, sharing with two others.

I have agreed to pay rent from August 1st as this is the date the room becomes free.

ESB and UPC are paid bi monthly. Latest cycle goes Mid July-Mid Sept.

My understanding is that the tenant who moved out has paid their part of bills up to end of July based on the last cycle amount.

Seeing as I have technically taken over tenancy since August 1st am I required to contribute to the bills from Aug 1st-20th even though I won't be there?

I have a feeling I will be requested to do so and don't want to cause any tension with my new flatmates.

Thanks in advance

I would think so yes, Your move in date shouldnt matter, you start renting the room from the 1st so that when your bills start as well.

It's the same as if you went on holidays for 3 weeks during the year, you might not be in the house but you would still be expected to pay your share of the bills.

It's only few week's though so cant be that much money when split between a few people.

Advertisement