Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake musical instrument

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

An excellent use of your time. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

AltAccount wrote: »
    I started off reading the thread from a "oi, that's not fair. You can't dob him in to his employer just on the basis that he was driving a company vehicle" basis. I made my feelings on that pretty clear. Whether you care or not is up to you.

I can understand where you're coming from here AltAccount, but I think you're making a mistake by putting yourself in this seller's shoes. As I'm sure that you're an honest trader I assume you aren't going to stop responding to emails after you've been informed that you sold a fake. On the other hand, if somebody defrauds me and refuses to do anything about it then I'd feel okay contacting his whatever after the threat of doing so didn't yield results. This would never apply to you as you'd never let it get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Zab wrote: »

I can understand where you're coming from here AltAccount, but I think you're making a mistake by putting yourself in this seller's shoes. As I'm sure that you're an honest trader I assume you aren't going to stop responding to emails after you've been informed that you sold a fake. On the other hand, if somebody defrauds me and refuses to do anything about it then I'd feel okay contacting his whatever after the threat of doing so didn't yield results. This would never apply to you as you'd never let it get that far.

Well, to be honest, if I accidentally purchased, owned and subsequently sold a counterfeit instrument without realising it, I'm not sure how quick I'd be to give a refund. Caveat emptor would apply just as much to my 'customer' as it did to me when buying it.

Which is why I'm interested in the legal, as well as moral, angle.

I also don't want to get stung with this particular instrument, so do I want anyone else to be, which is why I'm pushing the OP to give more identifying information.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

AltAccount wrote: »
    Well, to be honest, if I accidentally purchased, owned and subsequently sold a counterfeit instrument without realising it, I'm not sure how quick I'd be to give a refund. Caveat emptor would apply just as much to my 'customer' as it did to me when buying it....
    Caveat emptor does not apply where there is misrepresentation, even innocent misrepresentation. If you sold a guitar as a Fender Stratocaster, and it was a fake, then the purchaser is entitled to rescind the contract.

That's the legal angle.

Advertisement