Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler Beds - until what age?

• 08-08-2012 10:04am

Hi. What age have people left their kids in toddler beds until? I know toddler beds come in different sizes but I was thinking of the ones that are the same size as a cot in length (around 4 feet). What's your experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

My 3.5 year old is still in his but I don't think he'll get much more out of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my friends child is tall and thin and she was in one until she was nearly 6.
    We were given an extendable one from IKEA for the toddler and the 3 1/2 year old can sleep in it at its smallest and I can at its longest .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

We got a cotbed with drop down side (fully removable to make it a regular kids bed) and used it from ~6mths onwards, as soon as they were able to sit upright in the crib by themselves it was into the cotbed. No2 is still in it atm she's 3.5yrs and we'll be moving her shortly to swap for bunks as we are redoing their room and no3 is on the way so we want her long out of it before then. Apparently the model we have is suitable until 5-6yrs but I'd say it really depends on the child and the bed itself.

Advertisement