Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to New York

Options
  • 08-08-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to New York, and would love recommendations on what to do. I would love to do the typical tourist things like statue of liberty, ellis island, times square etc, any other tourist sites, please tell me your experiences. Also, I would love to go visit the white house, how far is it from New York? What is the weather like in November time?

Thanks in advance,
    MC :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

You should head to the travel forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

MC88 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to New York, and would love recommendations on what to do. I would love to do the typical tourist things like statue of liberty, ellis island, times square etc, any other tourist sites, please tell me your experiences. Also, I would love to go visit the white house, how far is it from New York? What is the weather like in November time?

Thanks in advance,
    MC :)

Well, the White House is in Washington DC...so it's a bit out of the way! Google Maps

But you should definitely catch a show on Broadway while you're there. Go on the open-top tourist bus on your first day or so and get your bearings, that way you'll see all the main sites and then you can decide what you want to go back and see again. Also the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Building) has one of the best views in New York IMO! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MC88

Thanks for the good advice :)

Advertisement