Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case ID is 5913122

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Guys
    Opened above ticket first thing yesterday morning but haven't had anything back yet. Bband bouncing for last 6 days and is now down more than up. Swapped out router to test that given the poor rep of the zyxel. Small improvement but problem persisted. Can one of the eircom reps take a look for me see what's happening with it?
    Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Guys
    Opened above ticket first thing yesterday morning but haven't had anything back yet. Bband bouncing for last 6 days and is now down more than up. Swapped out router to test that given the poor rep of the zyxel. Small improvement but problem persisted. Can one of the eircom reps take a look for me see what's happening with it?
    Thx

Hi johndoe77ie,

The Case ID is 5913122 is not a reference number we are ware of. I spoke to broadband technical support and they have no record of a call?

They checked the Blackrock (Priory Park) exchange and there is no issues logged for the area.

Would you mind going through the Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/K8ZA4P Before I will escalate the issue directly.

Is your phone service working ok?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Guys
    Thx

Hi johndoe77ie,

The Case ID is 5913122 is not a reference number we are ware of. I spoke to broadband technical support and they have no record of a call?

They checked the Blackrock (Priory Park) exchange and there is no issues logged for the area.

Would you mind going through the Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/K8ZA4P Before I will escalate the issue directly.

Thanks, Mark

Thank you for your e-mail dated 7/8/12.

We will investigate your query and will respond directly to you within
    24 hours.

Your Case ID is 5913122

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,
    Eircom Internet Support Team.

Mark
    Ive pasted the response I got from eircom for your ref. I've done all the suggested stuff but it hasn't helped. The service is currently unusable. I've removed all filters and phones and hooked up to the master socket but it's made no difference. Any help appreciated.

Guys
    Thx

Hi johndoe77ie,

Thanks, Mark

24 hours.

Your Case ID is 5913122

Kind Regards,

Mark
    Ive pasted the response I got from eircom for your ref. I've done all the suggested stuff but it hasn't helped. The service is currently unusable. I've removed all filters and phones and hooked up to the master socket but it's made no difference. Any help appreciated.

Phone is working ok

24 hours.

Your Case ID is 5913122

Kind Regards,

Mark

Hi johndoe77ie,

Apologies, we do not have direct access to the e-mail support cases. However thanks for getting back and clarifying. I went back to broadband technical support to run some further checks.

They suggested it may be best to give them a call on 1890 260 260 (If possible) To run some real time checks to rule put a set up issue before escalating to engineers.

Would you be able to call them?

Thanks, Mark

24 hours.

Your Case ID is 5913122

Kind Regards,

Mark

Hi johndoe77ie,

Apologies, we do not have direct access to the e-mail support cases. However thanks for getting back and clarifying. I went back to broadband technical support to run some further checks.

They suggested it may be best to give them a call on 1890 260 260 (If possible) To run some real time checks to rule put a set up issue before escalating to engineers.

Would you be able to call them?

Thanks, Mark
    Thx Mark I'll give them a call.

• Advertisement

Mark
    Could do with a bit of help on this. Quick summary of whats been done since i last posted below.
    New Modem from eircom. (No fix)
    New Filters. (No fix)
    Engineer called and did line tests. line appeared to be ok. (No fix)

Latest update i have from eircom is that an engineer will need to be sent out again and it'll take another day or two.
    Ref No is 4710399.
    Appreciate if you could take a look into this as it's been 10 days now and im not to confident i need another engineer to perform tests that should have been done on the first visit.
    Thx

Mark
    Could do with a bit of help on this. Quick summary of whats been done since i last posted below.
    New Filters. (No fix)

Latest update i have from eircom is that an engineer will need to be sent out again and it'll take another day or two.
    Ref No is 4710399.
    Appreciate if you could take a look into this as it's been 10 days now and im not to confident i need another engineer to perform tests that should have been done on the first visit.
    Thx

Hi johndoe77ie,

The fault has been sent back to the engineers crew, so it still is an open case from last week. I will check it tomorrow and get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

Mark
    New Filters. (No fix)

Ref No is 4710399.
    Thx

Hi John,

I see the engineer was out on the 14/08/12, have you noticed any improvement?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark
    Seemed solid enough last night but i was only on it for a short time. There's nobody in the house today to monitor it so i'll see how it is this evening. Given the nature of the fault if it's not bouncing in the first half hour i reckon it could be sorted.
    Only outstanding thing is that my profile was turned down as part of the testing and it would appear to have been a cabling issue in the junction box so assuming it is still ok how do i get my profile turned back up?
    Thx for your help.

Hi Mark
    Seemed solid enough last night but i was only on it for a short time. There's nobody in the house today to monitor it so i'll see how it is this evening. Given the nature of the fault if it's not bouncing in the first half hour i reckon it could be sorted.
    Only outstanding thing is that my profile was turned down as part of the testing and it would appear to have been a cabling issue in the junction box so assuming it is still ok how do i get my profile turned back up?
    Thx for your help.

If you can check it tonight over a more sustained time-frame on the current profile just to confirm the fault has been resolved.

Then I will look into putting the profile back up if that is the case.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark
    Connection appears to be ok now and has stopped dropping. The only problem i have now is that the speed has dropped considerably. I am connecting at 6MB but speed tests are giving me reading below 1Mb and the connection is extremely slow when trying to do anything. Can you change my profile back to the original setting and have a look to see if there is anything that may be causing the slow speeds.
    Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Mark
    Connection appears to be ok now and has stopped dropping. The only problem i have now is that the speed has dropped considerably. I am connecting at 6MB but speed tests are giving me reading below 1Mb and the connection is extremely slow when trying to do anything. Can you change my profile back to the original setting and have a look to see if there is anything that may be causing the slow speeds.
    Thx

Thanks johndow77ie,

Your broadband is currently synced at 6Mb, so your broadband speed should be averaging around 4.4Mb to 5.1Mb.

Can you test your broadband with just one computer connected to the modem over Ethernet cable. If possible, try to shut down all other computer devices or games consoles, SmartPhones, while testing your broadband.

The following quick broadband check will help locate any internal wiring or modem issue -

Broadband Check

If you need assistance, please contact Broadband Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Please retain your case id (reference) from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up.

Let me know if you need further advice.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Ant
    I will perform the tests as suggested but on the profile side i would like to get it put back to the original 8Mb as it was only adjusted to facilitate the testing.

Hi Ant
    I will perform the tests as suggested but on the profile side i would like to get it put back to the original 8Mb as it was only adjusted to facilitate the testing.

Hi johndoe77ie,

Let me know when you have completed the checks and so I can take another look at the sync and broadband attainable rates first.

Thanks Ant

Hi Ant
    I've done as you suggested and connected to the modem to test the speed. If i reboot the modem i get a great speed test result of in or around 5Mb. But the speed seems to deteriorate over time down to below 1Mb causing me to have to reboot the modem in order to get a good test. Any suggestions appreciated as i had a pretty flawless service before the fault.
    Thx

Hi Ant
    I've done as you suggested and connected to the modem to test the speed. If i reboot the modem i get a great speed test result of in or around 5Mb. But the speed seems to deteriorate over time down to below 1Mb causing me to have to reboot the modem in order to get a good test. Any suggestions appreciated as i had a pretty flawless service before the fault.
    Thx

Hi johndoe77ie,

What is the time frame in which the speed decreases from 5MB -1MB & are you connecting any additional devices in that time.

Thanks, Mark

To be honest Mark im only at home in the evenings so i don't know what the timeframe is. On the devices front there are quite a few devices in the house either connected permanently or connecting and disconnecting. When the speed drops i have disconnected all devices and turned off the wi-fi. I directly connect to the modem and the speed was below 1Mb. After a reboot the speed jumps up to 5Mb on the next test.

To be honest Mark im only at home in the evenings so i don't know what the timeframe is. On the devices front there are quite a few devices in the house either connected permanently or connecting and disconnecting. When the speed drops i have disconnected all devices and turned off the wi-fi. I directly connect to the modem and the speed was below 1Mb. After a reboot the speed jumps up to 5Mb on the next test.

Hi johndoe77ie,

If you can connect one device and run a speed test then add additional devices just to see if it is multiple users lowering the speed or is it a bigger issue.

Thanks, Mark

Mark
    I can do that but surely when i disconnect them all before running the speed test this should achieve the same result? Yet i still have to reboot to get a proper speed test?

Mark
    I can do that but surely when i disconnect them all before running the speed test this should achieve the same result? Yet i still have to reboot to get a proper speed test?

Hi Johhdowe77ie,

Can you just confirm that you have completed the broadband check?
    If possible, can you make sure that you use on one computer and connect this over Ethernet (yellow) cable :

Please review this here : Broadband Check

Thanks,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Ant
    I have completed the check as requested using a directly connected pc to the modem and even turned off the wi-fi to insure nothing else was connected. When i reset the modem and do a speed test i get a good result. Over time as the broadband is being used normally the speed seems to deteriorate to an almost unusable speed. At this point if i turn off the wi-fi and connect directly to the modem i will get a sub 1Mb speed. If i reboot the modem i will get a good connection and speed once more. If i have multiple devices connected and using the modem i fully expect it too slow down while the devices are being used but if i remove the devices i still have to reboot the router to get a decent speed again. Is there any reason this would be likely to happen? I can put a different modem on the line to see if it might be a modem issue although the modem is only 2 weeks old having been replaced during the original fault.

Ant
    I have completed the check as requested using a directly connected pc to the modem and even turned off the wi-fi to insure nothing else was connected. When i reset the modem and do a speed test i get a good result. Over time as the broadband is being used normally the speed seems to deteriorate to an almost unusable speed. At this point if i turn off the wi-fi and connect directly to the modem i will get a sub 1Mb speed. If i reboot the modem i will get a good connection and speed once more. If i have multiple devices connected and using the modem i fully expect it too slow down while the devices are being used but if i remove the devices i still have to reboot the router to get a decent speed again. Is there any reason this would be likely to happen? I can put a different modem on the line to see if it might be a modem issue although the modem is only 2 weeks old having been replaced during the original fault.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you try to upgrade the firmware on your modem :

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/

If you need assistance with this, contact Technical Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Let me know if this improved your broadband overall.

Best Regards,
    Anthony

Ok i'll update the firmware this evening. In the meantime can i get my profile switched back to the 8Mb it was before the fault?
    Thx

Ok i'll update the firmware this evening. In the meantime can i get my profile switched back to the 8Mb it was before the fault?
    Thx

Done johndow77ie,

Syncing fine now at 8MB and attainable rates look good.

Cheers Ant

Advertisement