Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady GaGa is overrated

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

TAlderson wrote: »
    I think it's great that she is so supportive of gay rights, and it's always nice to have a pop star outside of the big tits, suggestive lyrics mold (Katy Perry's "Peacock" is one of the worst pop songs I have ever heard, but people eat that **** up), but I do think Gaga's pretentiousness outstrips what she's actually doing musically. She's a brilliant brand, though, and she knows how to keep people interested outside of merely listening to her music, and that's what's really important in the pop music world. Do you think Sean "P. Puff Diddy Daddy" Combs (or whatever he's calling himself at this point) made his hundreds of millions on his rapping ability?

-Tyler

In fairness, P. Diddy made his name producing classic tracks for the Notorious B.I.G and Mary J. Blige as well as producing for TLC, Mariah Carey, LL Cool J, Jay-Z, Britney Spears and Ice Cube.

But you're right, it's about the brand and making a name for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ins't she just a vehicle to enable the freaks in society to feel good. Gaga herself is an ugly broad who had to play up to a persona. Who's to say every confused girl, ugly entity or fag can't follow suit.

To quote the Kinks, you can see all the stars as you walk down Hollywood Boulevard...

Advertisement