Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster shop

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey all!

Does anyone know if the giant poster shop in the ilac centre is still open?!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is that the shop that sold t shirts as well? if is is then its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    Hey all!

I was looking for it today and it's gone, the only thing there now is a place selling 3D pictures/posters and frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

No it was just posters as far as I can remember!!

Awh :( they had such a huuuuuge selection of posters. What is the new place like?

Anywhere you guys know of that sells posters, not just the hmv style stalls!

No it was just posters as far as I can remember!!

Awh :( they had such a huuuuuge selection of posters. What is the new place like?

Anywhere you guys know of that sells posters, not just the hmv style stalls!

The new place had a very small selection and all in 3D.

Thanks a million!

Well the search continues. allposters.ie does have a good collection but You can't beat browsing in a shop! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Is the poster shop just off talbot street towards the liffey still there. The street the pro cathedral is on. Can't remember name at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Marlborough Street anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Slunk wrote: »
    Is the poster shop just off talbot street towards the liffey still there. The street the pro cathedral is on. Can't remember name at the minute

Gone unfortunately. They had a great unusual selection in there.

Hey all!

Apologies, I had a closer look today and they have normal posters, they just had all the 3D stuff on the outside so I thought that's all they had.

They have an ok selection but the guy said he can get in anything you want, they're €5 each or two for €8.

Galadriel wrote: »
    Apologies, I had a closer look today and they have normal posters, they just had all the 3D stuff on the outside so I thought that's all they had.

They have an ok selection but the guy said he can get in anything you want, they're €5 each or two for €8.

You're an angel! Thanks a million :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

What sort of posters are you looking for?

I would know of a place, which sells retro film and concert posters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Speaking of posters; anyone know what happens the ones they use on bus shelters after the ad campaign is finished? There's been a couple of class Lynx ones and the Hunky Dorys ones that I wouldn't mind nabbing to decorate the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

ClearChannel/Adshel are the company who do the advertising on Bus Shelters, contact them and ask.

Here's their contact details

Lars1916 wrote: »
    What sort of posters are you looking for?

I would know of a place, which sells retro film and concert posters

Looking for two specific ones really as presents: the tree of life and the poster taken after world war 2 in times square with the sailor kissing the nurse :p

I remember our old video rental shop used to leave all the huge movie posters on a table for you to take. They were amazing!

Looking for two specific ones really as presents: the tree of life and the poster taken after world war 2 in times square with the sailor kissing the nurse :p

I remember our old video rental shop used to leave all the huge movie posters on a table for you to take. They were amazing!

You could try one of the Sunday markets on Newmarket Square, especially the Flea Market, which is on every last Sunday of the month. There's at least one guy selling loads of posters

Ah perfect! I've heard a few people talking about that flea market in general. It seems pretty popular.

I'm ashamed to say I will have to google map it but I'll definitely check it out :p

Awh thanks a million :) you're too kind!

Awh thanks a million :) you're too kind!

No problem :)

Enjoy the market, I'm always down there, at least every second Sunday, I can recommend it big time :cool:

I'll let ya know how it goes! Fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement