Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your OH and email access?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This is all well and good, but the sh1t will really hit the fan now when she checks your boards.ie history and sees that you posted this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

She's going about it all wrong. She should install a key logger ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You should be allowed your privacy and still have trust in the relationship. She sounds extremely insecure, I imagine she'd drive herself crazy, constantly checking your inbox and reading into the meaning of very detail if you share your passwords with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Kick her ass out the door. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Not so often you hear about the situation you're in, OP. Usually it's reversed, the woman is the victim. And yes, it is abuse at this stage to me.

Leave her before it gets worse.

It's really simple to explain: she has you move in, she changes instantly and wants to isolate you from women since they'd more than likely tell you to tell her to fúck off. I'd imagine next after the contacts being deleted is going to me "but if you really care about me, you won't need to see them, just make business with men" and then it'll go onto "but you can work all from home if you really loved me" and eventually you won't be posting on internet websites, talking to your friends or family.

Or she could just be naive and think it's how a relationship works. If it's the former, leave fast. If it's the latter, then sit her down and explain carefully about how relationships work. Not in a condescending way or agressive way. Just calmly tell her and discuss with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    You should be allowed your privacy and still have trust in the relationship. She sounds extremely insecure, I imagine she'd drive herself crazy, constantly checking your inbox and reading into the meaning of very detail if you share your passwords with her.

This, and perhaps even start blowing tiny things out of proportion..such as mailing a female friend etc, Just be firm and say no, your entitled to your privacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Just punch her in the face and tell her she'll get one each time she asks for your password. She'll soon stop asking for it.

mod: banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Roadend wrote: »
    Just punch her in the face and tell her she'll get one each time she asks for your password. She'll soon stop asking for it.

Just as well you'll never be faced with such a dilemma, y'know, what with never having a girlfriend and that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'd never snoop in my OHs emails, and would flip out if I caught him looking at mine.
    Privacy is extremely important, she's getting confused between trust and respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

She's not just invading your privacy OP, she's invading the privacy of everyone who mails/texts you.

Its not normal, no matter what she says. Its highly controlling and refusing your right to privacy is in my opinion, quite abusive. Coupled with deleting contacts, which I would consider isolating/controlling, its a very dangerous sign. She has told you that you are guilty unless you prove your innocence by showing you have nothing to hide.

Thats not normal.

Has she ever told you there would be consequences if you resisted this control? Does she manipulate you into doing what she days by her behaviour? Do you think she has a capacity to get physical if you don't acquiesce?

She has huge issues and those are becoming your problem. Get out now, and try encourage her to get the right kind of help or she's in for a life of loneliness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Ah this just shows how much she loves you. She sounds very protective of you and is scared in case it doesn't last, that's love right there, you should feel lucky :o

Get out now before you wake up one morning chained to the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Dont give her passwords. Relationships are ment to be build on trust. She doesn't trust you. She need to sort out that problem for herself

No one here know her so we can't say that you should break up with her. It could be that she thinks this is how it is supposed to be...

Why not suggest that you set up a joined email adress. You can keep your own one private and ye can both use the new one.

As for the numbers thing. Crazy. She needs room to sort herself out

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

IrishExpat wrote: »
    Honestly this, and a few other problems started nearly the second after we made the decision to move in together.

Example: two weeks back I noticed a few contacts missing from my phone (all female). When confronted about it, she confirmed that yes she had deleted the numbers, ´in case I was flirting´ :eek: They were business contacts, which I can´t get back so easily.

I´m in two minds here, tell her to cop on, or accept that this isn´t going to work. We´re together about a year, but living together for a bit less than 3 months.
    The soonest flight I could find for you is a Ryanair flight back to Dublin has only one seat remaining and is at 7am tomorrow. I suggest you be on it.

Give her a fake password.

If she tells you it's fake, you know she's been trying to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Not even a hint of it.

Bunny Boiler OP:eek:, run for the hills as fast as you can, that's one dangerous relationship to be in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Married a few years now, wife doesn't know my e-mail password and I don't know hers. Neither of us have an issue with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

As youre walking out the door due to her behaviour, advise her that this should be a salutory tale for how she might treat her next bloke. And tell her to tell her friends that as well

And then go and find the hottest business contact you have and flirt your ass off with her. Enjoy

Living with someone before marriage should be compulsory. QED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

OP, I may be off on this, but it sounds like you have to have a bit more confidence in yourself and trust your instincts here.

It is most certainly not acceptable for her to demand, and expect, your password for your email account. Its absurd.

I don't give any of my passwords out to anyone, nor do I expect anyone to share theirs with me.

Deleting numbers in so ridiculous its almost lolworthy. I would have been fuming if that was me and she'd have been dumped on the spot.

Don't accept any of this **** OP, its not the norm and its far from right. It sounds to me like it can only get worse unless confronted and dealt with now.

If she can't see the errors of her ways, then I'm sorry, that for me would see it completely finished. It's not healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

She might not be the type to take a break up.......well.

If you know what I mean.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    As youre walking out the door due to her behaviour, advise her that this should be a salutory tale for how she might treat her next bloke. And tell her to tell her friends that as well

And then go and find the hottest business contact you have and flirt your ass off with her. Enjoy
    Chances are the email address isn't the one she usually uses either. I'd change her password for her, you're supposed to changed it regularly anyway. Just conveniently forget it. Poo under the mattress before you leave. Actually no, leave the last one for cheaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

No, I've made the mistake of giving my passwords to an ex, never again
    That said we both know each others atm card pins
    A relationship needs independence and trust
    Dump her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dump the bunny boiler OP

Give her a fake password.

If she tells you it's fake, you know she's been trying to log in.

:eek:

You, Madame, are an evil genius. I must make note never to cross you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I cannot stress this enough.

Get out now!

Even if you both love each other, get out. For whatever reason, she doesn't trust you. If you try and keep this going, you'll find yourself sacrificing too much all in the name of saving it and you'll just be miserable and unhappy. You know what happens then? It ends.

Just get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Honestly this, and a few other problems started nearly the second after we made the decision to move in together.

Example: two weeks back I noticed a few contacts missing from my phone (all female). When confronted about it, she confirmed that yes she had deleted the numbers, ´in case I was flirting´ :eek: They were business contacts, which I can´t get back so easily.

I´m in two minds here, tell her to cop on, or accept that this isn´t going to work. We´re together about a year, but living together for a bit less than 3 months.

In my experience , this kind of jealousy,possessiveness, control freakery is pathological and is impossible to change and stay changed .

Be grateful you caught it early on, get out now and stay out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Dump the bunny boiler OP

:eek:

You, Madame, are an evil genius. I must make note never to cross you!

Or better yet, give her the access. Then set up another account by yourself and initiate an intimate exchange between yourself and you close friend Bruce!!

"Who is this Bruce!!!!!!" :mad:

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Or better yet, give her the access. Then set up another account by yourself and initiate an intimate exchange between yourself and you close friend Bruce!!

"Who is this Bruce!!!!!!" :mad:
    Better again you should meet up with Irishexpat and pose with him for these photos. Oh to be a fly on the wall when she finds those! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

OP, your in built psycho detector should be going off the charts round about now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Let her know that her issues may potentially cost you wages in the future.

If she's like this with random numbers, she'll probably delete some work related emails, and leave you up sh|it creek.

Let her know that because she deleted the business contacts from your phone, she won't be allowed near your email.

She does sound like a bunny boiler, so be careful when/if you decide to split up with her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

There's no reason for wanting to know the password beyond snooping/spying/extreme self conciousness. None.

I've never even had this come up in conversation, and I definitely won't entertain the idea if it does in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Thankfully my girlfriend never asked me for my facebook/email/whatever password but if she did I'd tell her to go **** off. I'm not even comfortable with her using my phone for very long. I have nothing to hide but all my life I've never let anyone go through my things. I'd be more comfortable with her knowing my bank details.

Advertisement