Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your OH and email access?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

tell her to go ****e in a bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 emschlem

no

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

A girl I went out with a few years ago knew my Bebo password, which I wasn’t too happy about but said nothing. Then she started changing things on it, but would go on like it was no big deal when I confronted her about it. So eventually I got sick of it and changed my password, and when she found out she hit the roof, giving me loads about not trusting her and all that.

Moral of the story, get out of there while you’re ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

OP. if you kowtow to this you are setting yourself up for a world of hassle, emmasculation and being w@nkered about! Your personal emails have NOTHING to do with her. Show her this thread; let on that you stumbled upon it, if you must, but PLEASE, for the love of God, don't let her have your password! I believe you when you say you've nothing to hide. Don't let her insecurity bully you! Stand your ground now on this somewhat minor thing and this will save you from manifold grief in the future.

As an impartial observer she sounds like a total See You Next Tuesday. Normal, secure, stable women do not act like this. Either set her straight on this and put a stop to this bullsh!t or cut ties with her altogether.

I've had enough friends that have fallen victim/allowed themselves to be manipulated by this sort of crap to tell you that this kind of behaviour IS NOT NORMAL or acceptable!!!

Sincerely,

Il Trap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Being a woman with trust issues, caused directly by arsehole boyfriends who had PLENTY to be hiding via emails and Facebook, I can still say she is bat**** crazy.

My fiance knows my Facebook password because I logged into it on his laptop and pressed "Tab" wrong, so my code came up beside my email. He knows my WoW password too, but then I know his as well, that's more of a convenience thing for when we're gaming.

I don't know his for anything else, and don't really care. Because I trust him (he's proven he can be trusted).

I would honestly say that you have either indirectly or directly given your OH reason not to trust you, and the craziness stems from previous issues with trust. Be it something she saw over your shoulder, the language barrier meaning she took something up wrong or something you have yet to disclose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Being a woman with trust issues, caused directly by arsehole boyfriends who had PLENTY to be hiding via emails and Facebook, I can still say she is bat**** crazy.

My fiance knows my Facebook password because I logged into it on his laptop and pressed "Tab" wrong, so my code came up beside my email. He knows my WoW password too, but then I know his as well, that's more of a convenience thing for when we're gaming.

I don't know his for anything else, and don't really care. Because I trust him (he's proven he can be trusted).

I would honestly say that you have either indirectly or directly given your OH reason not to trust you, and the craziness stems from previous issues with trust. Be it something she saw over your shoulder, the language barrier meaning she took something up wrong or something you have yet to disclose.
    `

http://theidodiariesdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/nerd-couple.jpg

That's the best laugh I've had all day :D Me and Pierce to a tee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My OH who I've been with nearly 3 years knows all my passwords, email, fb whatever, even my atm card pin, and I know all his. There was never a conversation about giving each other these it just happened, and has nothing to do with snooping. Eg - if I do my grocery shopping online with Tesco, I'll log into his email to check if the conformation email came, but if I see there's an email there from a friend of his, I won't go near it (even though I know he'll tell me about it later :P )

I don't see a problem with it, if you really trust someone.

It's a different story if they're a psychopath :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

ShaShaBear wrote: »

I'm interested in hearing more about this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No no no!

Had a massive argument with my missus about this a while back, my emails are MY emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

i know me fella of 7 years passwords, but would NEVER go onto his account without any need to. (ie. gettin flight reference numbers etc)
    She doesnt sound trusting, if you haven't given her a reason not to trust you, this isnt fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

seamus wrote: »
    It's one of those annoying things where your partner should never need to know your password and should never access your email without telling/asking you, but if you refuse to tell them your password then you appear to be a little bit unreasonable, as if you have something to hide.

I have no such qualms, I happily tell my boyfriend to stop looking over my shoulder when I'm net-browsing. Nothing to do with secrecy, everything to do with my pet hate of people reading over my shoulder.

I'm interested in hearing more about this please.

He is here 6 out of 7 days a week, his phone never goes off unless it's his mum, or two of his mates, I'm best friends with his sister who tells me everything he says and does (of her own accord) and he invites me out every time he's going. Even if he were so inclined to cheat, he'd have to make room for it in the one night a week he spends in his parent's house while working taxi runs. And since his sister goes with him, be kinda hard to hide someone in the backseat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

iguana wrote: »
    This argument has come up a lot on the the thread but people show other people their emails, letters and texts all the time.

There is a big leap from showing someone texts or emails to them demanding your passwords.

I know that we have both know each others email passwords from time to time, but it was because we have asked each other to login and check or do something. We also both trust the other to just look at what they were asked and not treat it as an opportunity to snoop or go through anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

my husband doesn't have my passwords, nor do i have his.

the only exception is internet banking as he would have to log into mine at times and i his.

i also know his pin for his bank card but not his credit card :(

he knows my pins for my cards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Some of my friends would have my passwords for stuff. Anyone who knows me knows I am the most forgetful person ever! So they'd have my passwords for facebook, emails, forums etc. I once forgot my pin at an ATM machine and had to ring my friend who was in my apartment and go searching through my post for the letter with my pin on it! Ive had to ring her a good few times since, she remembers it and I dont!

I know they wouldnt snoop through them though. They are boring :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    iguana wrote: »
    This argument has come up a lot on the the thread but people show other people their emails, letters and texts all the time.

There is a big leap from showing someone texts or emails to them demanding your passwords.

I know that we have both know each others email passwords from time to time, but it was because we have asked each other to login and check or do something. We also both trust the other to just look at what they were asked and not treat it as an opportunity to snoop or go through anything else.
    Of course there is, but I was responding to the posters who were criticising the people who happily share their passwords with their partners. In the OP's case he certainly shouldn't give her is passwords because she demands them. Couples who do share them tend to do so bit by bit over time when the need arises. Not in some big trust demanding ritual. Tbh, she's already proven she can't be trusted by deleting female contacts from his phone. A much bigger issue, imo, than wanting his passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Feck this for a game of cowboys ...

Thanks all for the feedback, called it a day and back home to the Emerald Isle. Life´s too short.

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/14618766/file.html

IrishExpat wrote: »

Thanks all for the feedback, called it a day and back home to the Emerald Isle. Life´s too short.

Good job, well done!

You might consider changing your username now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Good job, well done!

You might consider changing your username now :p

TheExExpat or somesuch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

TheExExpat or somesuch?

the pat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Eh....leaving the country seems a bit drastic:confused:
    Coulnd't you just have broken up with her and changed the locks or something ?

Eh....leaving the country seems a bit drastic:confused:

No if she was the only reason he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

well done the hoe aint worth the hassle. i hope you told the dope the reason behind your dumping her. although knowing how females think she will obviously come to the conclusion that you had so much to hide that it was easier to dump her and leave the country. i can imagine her telling her mates with her spin "i was so suspicious of him that i asked him could i have a look at his emails. he immediately panicked and dumped me. he obviously had multiple other partners. what a rat. hope i never meet a guy like him again. so girls you know what to do when you meet a man. make sure you get his credentials early so you know you can trust him" and the circle continues...

Advertisement