Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 22) August 10-13 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

More stupid Monday games though at least they're not on at 7. No way around it, Rovers can't lose at home on Monday. I think the league is gone for us myself but going 10 points behind Sligo with a game more played would basically copper fasten that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking forward to Drogs away, always a good trip (unless the electricity goes...)

Obviously going to be a tough game, but we're in decent form and they got a bit of a spanking last week.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I predict a draw between SPA and ourselves!

We are playing Blackburn as well on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully a handy win for Shels, no doubt it will be 1-1 with a red card and a last min goal! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    More stupid Monday games though at least they're not on at 7. No way around it, Rovers can't lose at home on Monday. I think the league is gone for us myself but going 10 points behind Sligo with a game more played would basically copper fasten that.

I think the league is gone as well...and gone a fair bit ago..

But it's extremely important to keep the fragile positivity and unity started up in Derry and experienced at Belfield and against Limerick. Kenny was even clapped off up the steps in UCD and Jansson :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I don't know - I've got a feeling in me bones - I think this could be the match Shamrock Rovers turn it around with and they'll go on to get the three in a row.

(I'm not doing very well in the predictions league by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs in good form and Drogs faltered a bit last week. Will be a tough game no doubt. Expecting Drogs to bounce back after their spanking last week. 0-0 though I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

You have to laugh at the crying Rovers fans - of course they're still bleedin in it! And well in it with a win on monday

As for us v Bohs, yes we took a spanking in Sligo (as much to do with our tactics as with how good Sligo were imo) but we bounced back very well in the league cup semi against Sligo on monday. We won that game quite well.
    Should be a good game against Bohs, Drogs to sneak it by the odd goal though...

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

tovelid wrote: »

I can see Sligo winning this one quite easily as they will be able to pick the ball up (providing they put their foot under the ball), handpass, solo and score by putting the ball over the bar and collecting extra scores.

If it happens to be Sligo Rovers that are playing Shamrock Rovers then I can see this being a tight game.

You dont work as a commentator for RTE by the way?????
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

northknife wrote: »
    I can see Sligo winning this one quite easily as they will be able to pick the ball up (providing they put their foot under the ball), handpass, solo and score by putting the ball over the bar and collecting extra scores.

If it happens to be Sligo Rovers that are playing Shamrock Rovers then I can see this being a tight game.

You dont work as a commentator for RTE by the way?????
    :cool:

Everyone in the country outside of Sligo refer to Sligo Rovers as just Sligo. Everyone (apart from Sligo fans and internet WUMs of other LOI clubs) also refers to Shamrock Rovers as just Rovers. It's the way it has always been and probably always will be. Best to just deal with it. You don't see Newcastle United fans complaining that everyone calls them Newcastle while Manchester United are known as just United by most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It's Shams v Sligs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Everyone in the country outside of Sligo refer to Sligo Rovers as just Sligo. Everyone (apart from Sligo fans and internet WUMs of other LOI clubs) also refers to Shamrock Rovers as just Rovers. It's the way it has always been and probably always will be. Best to just deal with it. You don't see Newcastle United fans complaining that everyone calls them Newcastle while Manchester United are known as just United by most.
    bohsman wrote: »
    It's Shams v Sligs.

Yeah, was just going to say, I thought everyone outside of Dublin referred to Shamrock as Shams.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

I'm sure that when Newcastle United and Manchester United play against each other that the commentator treats both teams with respect and doesnt just call one team United.
    Take RTE for example,the last time that both Rovers were playing against each other live on the box we had Stephen Alkin coming out with the likes of 'Rovers are on the attack' and such like.
    All i'm saying is a little bit more respect to all clubs in the LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lads whats the best way to get to Turner's cross and back from the centre of the city? I can see a draw in this match. Cork are playing well but I hope we will have recovered enough from the Euro tie tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

kksaints wrote: »
    Lads whats the best way to get to Turner's cross and back from the centre of the city? I can see a draw in this match. Cork are playing well but I hope we will have recovered enough from the Euro tie tonight.

What City?

Cork or Dublin?

What City?

Cork or Dublin?

Cork. Doing an overnighter.

203 bus to Bally....phehane goes right outside the ground from Patrick's St, but it is walkable in 20-30 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Go to the bottom of the South Mall.

Cross Parnell Bridge by the City Hall.

Walk up Anglesea Street and keep straight onto Infirmary Road.

Turn right at Paddy the Farmers pub and head up Summerhill South and past Capwell Bus Depot.

Theres Turners Cross for you. You'll see the supporters heading for stadium.

About a 15 minute walk I'd say.

dfx- wrote: »
    203 bus to Bally....phehane goes right outside the ground from Patrick's St, but it is walkable in 20-30 minutes

Can you get the bus back as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

UCD at home.

Can't wait.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Zebra3 wrote: »
    UCD at home.

Can't wait.

Ugh potential lowest crowd of the season tomorrow, however every now and then these two teams throw up a cracking game so it could still be a good night.

kksaints wrote: »
    Can you get the bus back as well?

As far as I know, yes, depending on how the local constabulary direct fans. The bus lets you off behind the Shed end.

Last time I stayed overnight, you couldn't get back to that road from the away end without a huge Garda diversion, but you should be able to walk back into the city no bother either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Go to the bottom of the South Mall.

Cross Parnell Bridge by the City Hall.

Walk up Anglesea Street and keep straight onto Infirmary Road.

Turn right at Paddy the Farmers pub and head up Summerhill South and past Capwell Bus Depot.

Theres Turners Cross for you. You'll see the supporters heading for stadium.

About a 15 minute walk I'd say.

Or just get the number 203 (when did 20 go ahead of all the numbers?) bus from Patricks St going toward Ballyphehane!!

UCD at home.

Can't wait.

Feels like years since Cork. Shels should be too strong but UCD are due a win.

I hope we're not waiting for an out of form Philly Hughes to get an equaliser with ten minutes to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD at home.

Can't wait.

Haven't won away since Galway last July. Can't see anything but a home win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Haven't won away since Galway last July. Can't see anything but a home win.

Should be a decent win for Shels. And Chris Bennion will keep a clean sheet, I can feel it :cool:

Well...he might ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Gonna head to Tolka myself tonight.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Gonna head to Tolka myself tonight.

Enjoy :)

I'll be down there for the Sligo match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another ****ing draw. At least I can go to game on Monday for change

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would much rather watch UCD every week than the sh1te we produce. muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Forgot I was at a game tonight. Good aul chat though.

Two stunning goals from UCD tonight. Unfortunately my hunch about them being due a win was right and they won.

Shels played poorly - really disjointed and careless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That last minute goal by Webster could be vital. What a strike too!

Ref was diabolical, showed no interest in warning keeper for time wasting. Then the lads couldnt keep composure in front of goal. The better team though, hopefully dont lose anytime soon. Dean Marshall was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Another win for Drogs against a team we havent beaten in a long time in the league ..We looked tired tbh , 3 games in 7 days . Have to say i am delighted that boes fans are moaning and think they deserved a peno etc etc LOL We have been on the end of so many bad decisions and added extra time mins from nowhere against boes over the years . Rovers on friday ! Look forward to that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Another win for Drogs against a team we havent beaten in a long time in the league ..We looked tired tbh , 3 games in 7 days . Have to say i am delighted that boes fans are moaning and think they deserved a peno etc etc LOL We have been on the end of so many bad decisions and added extra time mins from nowhere against boes over the years . Rovers on friday ! Look forward to that .

None as bad as this I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought there were some dodgey off-sides given against Shels tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Definitely

Yeah - but the lino failed to see that David Cassidy was offside once and we nearly got a goal from it.
    The ref gave Shels a peno and then the same lino overruled it (it would have been a harsh decision had it not been overruled but the handball was inside box)
    Bad officiating. No argument there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Anyone else ****ing hate shels right now? I ****ing do. Bastards! No other team in the world do this to their fans.

I have to admit I thought it was an easy one for Shels so didn't go..huge win for UCD.

Is 11th place into a play-off?

• Advertisement

Who's gonna do the weekly thread now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I have to admit I thought it was an easy one for Shels so didn't go..huge win for UCD.

I've seen UCD play twice this season and I can't understand how they are bottom of the league. They play really lovely football and are a joy to watch. Wasn't at the Dundalk match tonight but by all accounts we played pretty well and were denied all three points in the very last seconds of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Yes, 11th place plays winners of 2nd v. 3rd from First Division

Bray too good to go down.
    Dundalk finding a route out by not losing.
    UCD first Away win of the season and 1st win in 10 league games but still only two pts behind safety.

UCD have beaten their record of the highest points total for this season, their previous highest was 12 pts back in the middle of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ah where did Stovelid go? :(

He might have been a Shams fan (:p) but he was a good contributor to the LOI threads/this forum.

Pighead wrote: »
    I've seen UCD play twice this season and I can't understand how they are bottom of the league. They play really lovely football and are a joy to watch.

I'd agree pretty much. They looked good against Drogs two weeks ago, but were outplayed last week. I thought their bad run of playing well but not getting anything would continue. I think Shels won easily in the corresponding fixture?

At least He has left us a template..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We fought back back well in the second half, probably did enough to get the draw, but lacked the necessary cutting edge.

Keith Ward once again displays a fantastic inability to show any sort of decent decision making.

On the plus side, got a chicken burger and chips for €4, fair play Drogheda :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    but he was a good contributor to the LOI threads/this forum.

I reckon he will re-reg. He said his post count was embarrassingly big for the relative short space of time he was on here.

Anyway, one less "model club" poster. Always a good thing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

bohsman wrote: »
    None as bad as this I'm sure.

That was a howler of a decision allright :eek: I wont even attempt to post all the crap decisions that have gone your way :D Any onwards and upwards to rovers next week . we didnt play well but deserved the win in the end , bohs had no cutting edge . A good rest for us now before the next one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

bohsboy wrote: »
    I reckon he will re-reg. He said his post count was embarrassingly big for the relative short space of time he was on here.

Anyway, one less "model club" poster. Always a good thing. ;)

What? Where is he gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Are you having a laugh about the handball on the line at the end? It was a blatant penalty and red card. Rogers tried his hardest to give you all the points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement