Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 22) August 10-13 2012

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

but considering Sligo had targeted him as a weak spot I don't think he performed terribly.
    Don't think he was targetted as much as some seem to think. Everything goes through Rommy Boco anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't think he was targetted as much as some seem to think. Everything goes through Rommy Boco anyway.

May have been where I was sitting (main stand, by the left during the first half) but it seemed like they were having a fair go at Powell too.

Both our FBs at the moment (until Sully is back) are suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Just checked my ticket stub for tallaght the other night and I was given a child's ticket after paying the full admission in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

textmining-worms-copy.jpg
    :D

Sligored wrote: »
    Just checked my ticket stub for tallaght the other night and I was given a child's ticket after paying the full admission in.
    You weren't the only one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Really?

Really. That famous video clip at the Hill 16 pub is still available to watch on dedicated websites in Germany (not sure, if I'm allowed to post links) and ever since, the Liffey divide is mentioned as one of the main reasons. Tribal fights between the Nortside and the Southside and stuff.

At least, Footballderbies.com mentions the existence of Shels and St. Patrick's Athletic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Not to put a dampener on the evening, but I was sure I heard some racist abuse directed towards Pascal at one point. It seems that whenever a black player gets on the ball against Shams a small few of their fans decide that then is the best time to chant "hoops". Just because you say hoops doesn't make it racist lads, we know your intentions!
    Sligored wrote: »

Honestly clutching at straws.

Considering Sligo's record of ticketing, along with the whole Ndo/Jayo saga, its hard to take you two serious.

Cracking game of football though, neither team were clinical as it should have been a high scoring game. I thought we dominated large periods, although Sligo had a spell of about 20 mins where they totally controlled the game in the first half.

League is theres now in truth.

Ebbs wrote: »
    the whole Ndo/Jayo saga
    Err... What was that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Oops Boco, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think he means Boco/Jay. Which still makes no sense. What does that have to do with me saying a few of their fans are racist...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On the ticketing issue.

No issue with the ticket i was given.

The only issue that i did have ( along with loads of other supporters ), is that Shamrock Rovers only had one turnstile open ( for the away fans ), fans with ( tickets could be bought from the ticket office ) and those without tickets were instructed to use this single turnstile.

A few asked why there was only one turnstile open, and were told it was due to a lack of stewards ( even though there were a good few outside ).

Thankfully a Gardai saw the shambles, and asked the same question about why there was only one turnstile open, he was also told that it was due to a lack of stewards.

He then asked to speak to the steward in the turnstile, it ended up that there were two stewards in the one turnstile.

He was then told that they could not open the second turnstile due to issues with the money float.

The Gardai, then told Shamrock Rovers to open the second turnstile. When i was going in ( around 1945 ) they were only allowing fans with tickets through this second turnstile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Really. That famous video clip at the Hill 16 pub is still available to watch on dedicated websites in Germany (not sure, if I'm allowed to post links) and ever since, the Liffey divide is mentioned as one of the main reasons. Tribal fights between the Nortside and the Southside and stuff.

At least, Footballderbies.com mentions the existence of Shels and St. Patrick's Athletic ;)

Oh I thought you meant that the football games made news.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

He was then told that they could not open the second turnstile due to issues with the money float.

The Gardai, then told Shamrock Rovers to open the second turnstile. When i was going in ( around 1945 ) they were only allowing fans with tickets through this second turnstile.

What was Tallaght like back then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oh I thought you meant that the football games made news.;)

Let's put it this way...the Third Half of the match ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

On the ticketing issue.

No issue with the ticket i was given.

The only issue that i did have ( along with loads of other supporters ), is that Shamrock Rovers only had one turnstile open ( for the away fans ), fans with ( tickets could be bought from the ticket office ) and those without tickets were instructed to use this single turnstile.

A few asked why there was only one turnstile open, and were told it was due to a lack of stewards ( even though there were a good few outside ).

Thankfully a Gardai saw the shambles, and asked the same question about why there was only one turnstile open, he was also told that it was due to a lack of stewards.

He then asked to speak to the steward in the turnstile, it ended up that there were two stewards in the one turnstile.

To be fair I think the ticketing problem was all around Tallaght on Monday night. My season ticket wouldn't scan, neither did the 4 or so tickets ahead of me going in. The result is that they stopped scanning and just did a visual check on the tickets. The official attendance is recorded at I think 3,500 but I understand this is taken from teh scanner readouts. It was a lot higher than that.

I did wonder why there were very few Sligo fans in the away end with 15mins to go before kick off. By kick off it seemed pretty full.

Advertisement