Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a mod be takin down?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

If a few people had issues with a certain mod can he/she be stripped of they're mod title
    Atb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

It would most likely only happen if they are guilty of gross misconduct. Stripping them of their powers because "a few people had issues" with them is a rubbish reason and would would turn the whole thing into a popularity contest. And I doubt there is a single mod on this site that a few people don't have issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It would most likely only happen if they are guilty of gross misconduct. Stripping them of their powers because "a few people had issues" with them is a rubbish reason and would would turn the whole thing into a popularity contest. And I doubt there is a single mod on this site that a few people don't have issue with.
    I know what you mean but what about abusing their powers? Surely there's a line to be drawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sure there's a line dodder.
    And when mods have crossed it in the past, they've been hauled up and quite a few have been de-modded over it.

Thing is, most of the time when someone crys abuse, it turns out to be something else entirely. For example (the example you started this thread over in the first place in fact) a poster breaking the number one rule on a forum to get in a nasty personal dig at someone on a public website, and then getting hauled up for it.

Lines are there for both mods and posters after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sparks wrote: »
    Sure there's a line dodder.
    And when mods have crossed it in the past, they've been hauled up and quite a few have been de-modded over it.

Thing is, most of the time when someone crys abuse, it turns out to be something else entirely. For example (the example you started this thread over in the first place in fact) a poster breaking the number one rule on a forum to get in a nasty personal dig at someone on a public website, and then getting hauled up for it.

Lines are there for both mods and posters after all...
    Not when it came to hunting forum
    And that's where the problem is and I'm not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not when it came to hunting forum
    And that's where the problem is and I'm not alone

No, the lines are there for the mods and the posters in the hunting forum as well.

But about five or six posters think the lines are there for everyone else, and they believe the forum is broken unless it operates along the lines of being their own private club. This is not the model the mods want the forum to run on, because we already have pubs in Ireland that those five or six posters are free to avail of for what they want - frankly I think they'd be a lot happier if they did that, and we'd lose fewer people from the forum than we're losing at the moment because of those five or six people poisoning the forum with cliqueyness. We want the forum to be open, to be a safe place for people involved in shooting to be able to talk without getting harassed, but at the moment if a newbie shows up, they're not getting the welcome they should be getting, and that's got to stop.

If that means things like issuing a permanent ban to someone because they took a nasty personal dig at someone else on a public forum, none of the mods will hesitate to give that ban, nor will we lose any sleep over it afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Shooting forum mods do an excellent job in a difficult forum in the face of probably more muppetry than is seen in any other forum on Boards. If you don't like they way they operate then you can follow your recently banned mate out of the forum and go bother someone else, but this sort of witch hunt will not be entertained.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement