Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

statements

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

I know you are introducing paperless statements in the coming days but can I ask when this is happening and also why can't statements be got in the branch?

As you know when applying for loans you need original statements dating back 3 to 6 months.

Today I rang my branch and was told I would have them in a week which delays me in been able to do what I need.
    So even when the e statement comes out its still no good when applications are been made.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Recessionbust,

Thanks for the questions.

We have not been given a date for when Estatements will be available but it should be within the coming days.

When you log on to 365 Online, you will have the option to opt out of paperless statements and instead have them sent in PDF to 365 Online which can then be printed. These will be in the same format as hard copy statements with the Bank of Ireland logo at the top along with your account name.

When you request bank statements at the moment, they are printed centrally and posted to the address on your bank account. The statements are not printed at the branch.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Recessionbust,

We've just been informed that estatements will be available tomorrow.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Thanks Billy, as always this thread has been very helpfull :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Are Estatements being rolled out for every customer? I have only received one bank statement in the post, they're due to come in every August but I didn't receive one last year. I was able to get a mini-statement in a branch, but it would have been easier to have a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thank you. The e-banking team have put an end to three years of trying to get BoI to listen to commonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi polkabunny,

eStatements will be available to every customer but you will have to be registered with Banking 365 online. When you log in to your online banking you will be given the option to have paper statements or paperless statements.

If you have not received a statement in some time you would be best to contact your branch or Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 to make sure we have the correct postal address for you.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Did this roll out today as advised above. I cannot see the facility for paperless statements on my account?

Hi MadsL,

eStatements deployment is currently underway and will be available later today.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

Hi MadsL,

eStatements deployment is currently underway and will be available later today.

Thanks

Billy

Just signed up for and downloaded an estatement! Awesome.

Well done boi!

Hi guys, just a quick question (dreading the answer), but does your security code sent to mobile also cover US mobile numbers?

• Advertisement

Knew this would happen.

My mobile is still my old Irish mobile which is now inactive.

My address is inactive as I have requested not to have post delivered as I was still settling in the US and using temporary addresses.

I cannot change my mobile number without having post delivered. (a letter is sent with a security code)

I cannot change my address without a paper change of address form (which will take two weeks to get to Ireland) I was told I could do this by fax, but then told that is wrong and it has to be done in writing (despite AIB doing this online)

I cannot sign up for estatements without changing my address!!

My head is broken.

SERIOUSLY??

yeah that sounds like a headache!!

i dont know anything about bank procedure, but maybe if you ring your branch (ie where your account is) rather than a call centre, they may be able to take instruction via fax.... even if officially it has to be a letter.

I guess the problem with fax is that the quality is lower and there's a much greater possibility of fraudulent activity...

yeah that sounds like a headache!!

i dont know anything about bank procedure, but maybe if you ring your branch (ie where your account is) rather than a call centre, they may be able to take instruction via fax.... even if officially it has to be a letter.

I guess the problem with fax is that the quality is lower and there's a much greater possibility of fraudulent activity...

Nope tried that. And my branch know me well and have had much correspondence about my move to the States. The branch customer care manager refused to accept change of address through fax.

A fax is a legally binding document. I've transfered over €10,000 by fax instruction before now with other banks. BoI are just being ridiculous about faxes, they are perfectly valid legal instruments for written instructions and contracts.

Waiting now to see if they can confirm if the accept US mobiles for the code. If not, then the people who would most benefit from eStatements (overseas customers) have just been denied use of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Very happy about this! I asked BOI for these a number of times.

Gotta say, which the new look 365 online, 365 App, contactless visa debit and now e-statements, BOI are really improving their offer!

Have registered for e statements, activated it etc etc but it shows no statements are available to view for this account!

So how do I download last 3 months statements when it shows that none are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Have registered for e statements, activated it etc etc but it shows no statements are available to view for this account!

So how do I download last 3 months statements when it shows that none are available?

You can download the statement when it is normally due, and not before it

Ally Dick wrote: »

You can download the statement when it is normally due, and not before it

That's about as usefull as a chocolate teapot! So you can't get instant or pass statements, why did they even bother.

I have the last 5 or 6 months statements available online...

got into Statements (menu on left), within that click the Statements tab (top menu). Then pick your account from the drop down and available statements are listed.

I presume you'll get a statement on your normal schedule... other trans are available to view online in the normal way. Seems right to me!

I have the last 5 or 6 months statements available online...

got into Statements (menu on left), within that click the Statements tab (top menu). Then pick your account from the drop down and available statements are listed.

I presume you'll get a statement on your normal schedule... other trans are available to view online in the normal way. Seems right to me!

Done all this and still no statements available on either mine or my partners accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

signed up - apart from have a statement from march and june (nothing in between) I have a bug to report. when I open a statement (which opens in a new window) and I try to go back to the main window my login has timed out and I need to log in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

eStatements deployment is currently underway and will be available later today

Hi Billy,

It is possible to receive both eStatements and paper statements, as having an official paper backup (even if a few months old) is better than nothing in the event of a catastrophe?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi all,

For everyone that was able to successfully register for eStatements, we're glad to hear they're working for you. We have an information and feedback thread here. Please let us know what you think.

MadsL,

There shouldn't be any problem registering your American mobile number on Banking365. However, you are correct. You won't be able to receive the activation code until your address has been updated.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi all,

For everyone that was able to successfully register for eStatements, we're glad to hear they're working for you. We have an information and feedback thread here. Please let us know what you think.

MadsL,

There shouldn't be any problem registering your American mobile number on Banking365. However, you are correct. You won't be able to receive the activation code until your address has been updated.

Thanks
    Pat

Pat can you answer my earlier question please? Why can't we see last 3 months statements ?

Hi Recessionbust,

After you complete the registration process, should be able to view past statements going back until February 2012. I'd like to look into this for you. Can you please PM us with your name, contact number and account holding branch and I'll get one of our representatives to give you a call.

Tow,

Once you have registered for eStatements you will no longer receive paper statements by default. You do have a couple of options though. You can download and print out a PDF copy of the eStatement and keep that copy or alternatively you can request a duplicate statement via Banking365. Please note there will be a charge applied to your account when ordering a copy statement through Banking365.

Thanks
    Pat

Pm sent

Hi Recessionbust,

We seem to be haveing an issue/delay in receiving PMs. I've sent you a PM there now. Can you please reply to that with the details and I'll have a representative give you a call.

Thanks,
    Pat

Hi Recessionbust,

Your PM has been received. I'll arrange for someone to call this afternoon. We'll see if we can get the issue sorted out.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement