Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog off lead

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere near Maynooth you can have a dog off lead to run around for a while? She's only 10 months old so not fully trained yet. She is not aggressive at all but doesn't always come when called. I know Marley Park have a lead free enclosed area but I'm not aware of anywhere in or near Maynooth.

Thanks.

(BuffyBot - if you feel this is more suited to A&PI move it there - I posted here as it's a location specific question).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There's a new dog park in Griffeen Valley Park in Lucan but last I heard the gates still hadn't been put on, but that was a few weeks back so might be worth checking.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056677618

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Orion wrote: »
    Is there anywhere near Maynooth you can have a dog off lead to run around for a while? She's only 10 months old so not fully trained yet. She is not aggressive at all but doesn't always come when called. I know Marley Park have a lead free enclosed area but I'm not aware of anywhere in or near Maynooth.

Thanks.

(BuffyBot - if you feel this is more suited to A&PI move it there - I posted here as it's a location specific question).

There's a small enough area at the Louisa bridge Canal path walk just down the ways on the left. My little one gets let off lead there and she's fine... again with the not always coming on call but when i start walking away she comes flying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I know the spot you mean. It's a fair walk to get to it though. She comes when I walk away too - I'd just be concerned she go off chasing the foxes that live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Orion wrote: »
    I know the spot you mean. It's a fair walk to get to it though. She comes when I walk away too - I'd just be concerned she go off chasing the foxes that live there.

You couild park in the train station car park, then walk across to it..

i live near enough to it so i never really considered how to get to it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

The fields in Castletown Celbridge are good for off the lead.
    The dog park in Lucan, Griffeen Valley is good, its small but my dog has enjoyed it when she's been there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Excellent purpose built 'lead free' dog section in Corkagh park, which would be handy enough from Maynooth.

Either head on the N4 coming off at fonthill turnoff, then head for the N7 signs from there, or Lucan,-Newcastle- kings wood area will get you there.

Either way from maynooth to corkagh park no more than half an hours drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

You could just walk your dog in monread park in naas. It has a leash on policy at all times but sure that doesn't stop 90% of dog owners in there letting them free....and you also dont have to clean up after them either as that also seems to be normal prwctice aswell

Advertisement