Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage open on a Saturday near Blanchardstown?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere near Blanchardstown that'll change tyres on a Saturday, and won't totally rip me off? :o

I'm not from the area, but my car is currently stranded there until I get a couple of tyres replaced.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Coolmine Motors in Coolmine Industrial Estate.

http://www.coolminemotors.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Dave McCann in Coolmine - http://www.davemccanntyres.com/

Discount Tyres in Ballycoolin - http://www.discounttyres.ie/

I've used both companies on multiple occasions over the years with good results, their prices are pretty reasonable in my experience. They also open Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

My Dad used http://www.atlasautoservice.ie/ in Coolmine very recently and was impressed by the price and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Dave McCann is pretty good (recommended on the Motors forum), but from experience it's very busy on Saturdays. I'd either go early or make an appointment if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

but from experience it's very busy on Saturdays. I'd either go early or make an appointment if you can.

Agreed, they're all busy on Saturdays, I spend an hour and a half in Atlas 2 weeks ago waiting for wheel alignment to be completed. Early is definitely better...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Another vote for Discount Tyres, have used them for years. Open all day Saturdays now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They are all busy.

Discount Tyres gets my vote.

Don't accept any cheap crud you've never heard of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dave McCann is pretty good (recommended on the Motors forum), but from experience it's very busy on Saturdays. I'd either go early or make an appointment if you can.

I went here based on recommendations on Motors and ended up with 2 ditch finders ("Event" tyres) that despite my hesitation was assured would be fine.
    I was stuck on the day so against my better judgement agreed to them.

Well driving on them was an "Event" alright. Any bit of moisture on the road and the traction control light started flashing like mad :(

Wasn't cheap either at €85 a corner for 16". As someone else said, just don't accept something you never heard of - or have your phone so you can Google reviews etc

Just my 2c anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I went here based on recommendations on Motors and ended up with 2 ditch finders ("Event" tyres) that despite my hesitation was assured would be fine.
    I was stuck on the day so against my better judgement agreed to them.

Well driving on them was an "Event" alright. Any bit of moisture on the road and the traction control light started flashing like mad :(

Wasn't cheap either at €85 a corner for 16". As someone else said, just don't accept something you never heard of - or have your phone so you can Google reviews etc

Just my 2c anyway

Hmm, that's pretty poor. Did you return them?

My own tyres are only 14", and the last time I changed them there was only about €15 difference between the cheapest ditchfinders and the best branded ones, a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I found the last time I went looking for 14" I struggle to find anywhere that anything other than chinese ditch finders in stock. I got KUMHO from Discount types and these were much better than the chinese ones I had previously. Much better choice in larger sizes. A lot of the tyre dealers weren't that interested in offering a tyre that you could find a decent review of online. Only about a fifth of them I tried had decent reviewed tyres in stock. Most had no name tyres they were pushing. A lot didn't know if they were all season, summer or winter tyres either. Many saying they were all season when they were summer with poor winter rating reviews. Which partly explains why the city slows to crawl in bad weather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement