Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cube trays with lids for baby food?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be starting my baby on solids soon. I want to make my own baby food so I am on the hunt for ice cube trays with lids. Can anyone recommend ones that you have used successfully?

Cheers,
    GB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

GotBainne? wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be starting my baby on solids soon. I want to make my own baby food so I am on the hunt for ice cube trays with lids. Can anyone recommend ones that you have used successfully?

Cheers,
    GB.

I like the oxo ones! Bella baby in dundrum have them and possibly kealys in walkinstown! I just got 2 and then transfer the cubes to ziplock bags once frozen. Working well!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

I ended up using breastmilk storage bags. They work pretty well too and very handy for out and about and defrosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you see some plastic yoghurt-sized pots with lids in your hunt let me know. I've loads of leftover pureed fruit from weaning time in the freezer, and I was thinking I'd stir it into yoghurts for her to take to creche.

Been looking around for a month and can't find anything suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

I'd highly recommend the http://www.babypotz.com/baby potz, still using them & my LO is almost two. The small ones came in hand again recently for small pots of sauces for the freezer :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

pwurple wrote: »
    If you see some plastic yoghurt-sized pots with lids in your hunt let me know. I've loads of leftover pureed fruit from weaning time in the freezer, and I was thinking I'd stir it into yoghurts for her to take to creche.

Been looking around for a month and can't find anything suitable.

We got loads in the pound shop or the avent breast milk tubs .

• Advertisement

I'd highly recommend the http://www.babypotz.com/baby potz, still using them & my LO is almost two. The small ones came in hand again recently for small pots of sauces for the freezer :)

I have these aswell - very handy to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

dublinlady wrote: »

I have these aswell - very handy to have!

Me too. They're very useful. Much more useful than the ice cube trays as your baby starts eating lumpier food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

There seems to be a real shortage of weaning stuff out there at the moment! I wanted those little yogurt type pots too, everywhere was out if stock. I'm also looking for one of those nets they can suck the fruit through...checked mothercare I don't know how many times...sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thanks, are the babypotz online ordering or is there a shop that has them? I'd like to be see them with my own eyes, give them a squeeze!

I have one of those net things hannibal, I got it in dunnes baby section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

pwurple wrote: »
    Thanks, are the babypotz online ordering or is there a shop that has them? I'd like to be see them with my own eyes, give them a squeeze!

I have one of those net things hannibal, I got it in dunnes baby section.

I think they are available in some shops but not sure where. Email babypotz and I'm sure they'll tell you. The lady there was extremely helpful when I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I got my babypotz in mccabes pharmacy in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got the mesh/net for eating fruit in Smyths (you can shop them online too)a few times, also there is a Nuby one out there too .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Asda in the north do them

Kealys do them!

Also for those nuby net things try ur local pharmacy - I got mine in milltown

Yay thanks for all the hints...never thought of smyths....I did try Dunnes before, but the one I go to has a really small selection of that kind of thing...its all nappies, wipes and food. But i'll look again today, never thought of the chemist either!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco have the net thing for fruit but its a nightmare to clean. I got pots in tesco too, 4 pack with lids, bpa free, for 2 euro. Clear pots with white lids. They also have the tommee tippee ones, 3pack for 3.59 euro. They dont discolour after carrot etc so they're great.

Oh I never thought of the cleaning...how do you do it?

I couldn't get the yogurt pots so in the end I went to home store and bought a load of their smallest pots with the clip clap lids. They're not designed for babies...but they did the trick, they were 1.25 each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

IKEA do great little containers for next to nothing.
    I also found great ones in the Euro shop, a pack of 4 with a tray to stand in for €1.50 :-)

Oh I never thought of the cleaning...how do you do it?

I couldn't get the yogurt pots so in the end I went to home store and bought a load of their smallest pots with the clip clap lids. They're not designed for babies...but they did the trick, they were 1.25 each

As soon as she's done with it I soak it - otherwise it's hard to clean - I just sponge it then in warm soapy water and it cones off ok! But if I don't soak it.... Forget it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Was in smythes today and they had a great selection of pots for very little money. Also they had a clevamamma fruit feeder thing, MADE OF SILOCONE! Perfrct for cleaning.

http://www.clevamama.com/en/products/New-sept2011/ClevaFeed-Easy-Weaning_copy1.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just got some silicone ice cube trays from Tesco. They are really bendy, and the cubes come out easily. Once the fruit or veg etc is frozen, I pop the cubes out into a food storage bag:)

Advertisement