Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make sure all the pieces are there.

• 08-08-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of old lego sets with several hundred pieces in them and my concern is to keep them "complete" by not losing any of the pieces, or if a piece(s) does go missing to at least know what piece it was with a view to getting a replacement..

However, as there's several hundred pieces, I'd like to be able to be able to make sure all the pieces are there without having to actually assemble the set to find out. So I thought having an inventory of the pieces might be useful.

My question : Is there a site that lists whatever pieces should be in a given set?

Failing that is there official "names" for each type of lego piece so that I could make an accurate inventory for my own sets myself?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think Peeron and Bricklink are the type of sites you're looking for. Bricklink is very handy, because in addition to seeing the inventory you can buy individual pieces. Just search for a set, click 'catalogue entry', and then 'part out' and it will break the set down into its individual components. You'll have to register to use this feature, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That does the job alright. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

From someone who's had LEGO for the past 20 years:

Don't worry 'bout it!
    Eventually, you learn your own system for where pieces go -- I have a rough "colour/size" system in place, with very large pieces together with transparents, certain Technic connectors separate again, and so on. Your brain eventually compartmentalizes everything for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Cool, I just found the lego forum YAY, must post up some pics of my kits.

I use two of these for keeping pieces in order:
    http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Tactix-38cm-15-Organiser/17472/1.2.4

I also have a few circular plastic tubs (ikea, about 4" diameter with lids pack of 5 was 2 or 3 quid) for more obscure parts.

Advertisement