Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty laptop hasn't been replaced

Options
  • 08-08-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I bought a faulty laptop from Amazon.de and contacted Samsung about a replacement/repair.
    On the 6th of July Samsung arranged for a free courier to come and collect it and to this day, it has still not arrived back.

I have contacted Samsung numerous times in the last 2 weeks at this stage and each time they have done nothing but lie to me and give me broken promises. No exaggeration at all.

3 individual members of staff have told me it would arrive on monday, wed, and friday two weeks ago, It never came.

In the last few days I have contacted them a further 3 times explaining the situation and they have told me that they would personally call me the last 3 days in a row before 6pm.

They haven't text me, they haven't rang me and as soon as it's 6pm, their call-line closes.
    The next day I call again and they do the exact same thing.

I really need advice on what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Did you ask for the money refund /laptop replacement Amazon.de directly?

I dealt with all Amazon based businesses in Europe and once there was a fault with an item I had 3 choices.

refund
    replacement
    repair

Always picked refund:)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Amazon told me to contact Samsung.

I rang yesterday again to hear that they would ring me back and they actually did, to tell me that someone else will call me before 6pm. Of course, this person did not ring me so it's back to square one of this vicious cycle.

Can somebody ****ing help me, what am I supposed to do when they do nothing but give me waffles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

The seller is the person responsible - if this is Amazon.de then they need to sort it. You can initiate an EU claim though the small claims court - although the cost will be the same you will end up paying quite a bit for document translation.

I'm afraid when buying abroad like this (which many of us do) you end up dealing with manufacturers - some of which are better than others. There's very little you can threaten an manufacturer with as you'd have a hard job taking them to the SmCC.

I suggest you ring on the hour every hour - that's my usual tactic. Also insist on getting supervisors and names and insist on staying on hold. I've pulled directors out of meetings before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Just keep calling them and they sort it out so you'll go away.

Can you read what I have posted?
    I have contacted them over a dozen times in the last few days, I'm not sitting on my hole waiting for it.

This is what happens.

#1 Call them and explain situation
    #2 Get told laptop will be here on X / Get told I will get a call back before 6pm
    #3 Laptop never comes / Nobody calls me
    #4 Call-line closes at 6pm so I call them the next day and it's #1 again.

I have just contacted Amazon requesting a full refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

just about to recommend that you get amazon to refund you.

Also ask for the name of the person who is to call you back each time and also arrange a time say 5 pm so at 5:05 you can call back and ask for the person - Also if possible try and get a direct line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

It may be difficult to get Amazon to refund you if Samsung have your laptop. I'd imagine they'd want the laptop back before they issue a refund.

Call them up, give your case number, tell them you want to speak to a supervisor, explain to the supervisor that you want a direct line to them or a superior and their name of course. Tell them that you have been lied to on numerous occasions and you are not getting off the phone until you have a tracking number for the parcel being sent to you.

I'm quite surprised, I've dealt with Samsung a lot, while it may take some time to get through to their support lines, I've never had to deal with that kind of bull****.

ThisNoize wrote: »

I have just contacted Amazon requesting a full refund.

This is the way to do it.:)

I'm very suprised that Amazon messed you about for that long tbh,never had any issues to get a full refund straight away.

I know that you mentioned that before but they told you to contact the Samsung?

I'ts not even in their policy to do that unless specifically repair option was requested.

How old is the lappy and when did you inform Amazon about the problem?

Amazon are now requesting that I send them the laptop for a refund.
    This is after I have told them that Samsung have't given it back to me and I have absolutely no idea when I will get it back (Due to be being consistently lied to)

The mind truly boggles.

Ask Amazon to mediate with Samsung so the laptop can be sent directly.
    No point in wasting your time, you've done more than enough at this stage.
    The bottom line is that you don't have a working laptop and you purchased the product from Amazon so it's up to them to resolve this mess.

• Advertisement

I called Samsung again a few minutes ago and I was transferred onto the dispatch center of the Courier. (Why couldn't they have done this the first time!?)

A very polite woman told me that today was the first time that Samsung have contacted them. My face literally dropped.

I was told by four individual members of Samsung on four different days, that they will call the center and have them ring me the following day. This is excluding the previous calls where three individuals told me that the laptop would actually arrive on three specific days, before 6pm (They really like to use the oul' 6pm line)

What's even more unbelievable is how I was never once rude or aggressive on the phone.
    How can they get away with this?

I feel like I'm in a sick twisted movie.

The woman told me she would ring me in a few minutes and it has almost been an hour now.

We were suggesting you contact them in a more effective manner. Looks like you have it sorted though.

I never wait for a call back - they rarely come. Let me speak to the person now, if they're not available the Managing Director will do. Stay on hold tying up an incoming line screwing up the inbound call centre stats.

I ring her back and I get put on hold.
    She comes back and then tells me that it cannot be located at the present moment in time. This means that they have essentially lost my laptop.

If they can't 'find it' then I will be getting a replacement.
    Ah right grand? NO! I'VE ****ING HAD IT NOW. The laptop is not listed on Amazon anymore so how am I supposed to get a replacement!?

Apparently I'll get a laptop of the equivalent specs.
    What do I do if they give me a worse one?

I tell her I'll get Amazon to directly contact her with the receipt and the specs.
    Then I will choose one.
    I'm not getting a worse laptop and sending it back again for more of this torture.

She said she'll ring me tomorrow and update me but she won't, so I'll ringing every day of the week.

Actually at this point I'd stop phoning. Send a letter in detailing that they should send you a cheque for the amount you paid or you will initiate small claims court proceedings. You now could claim in the SmCC as they've lost it.

This is probably down to them having to get all the children out of their factories recently :D

Advertisement