Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone switch over

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

can someone tell me how long does it take to register someone onto Vodafone network? I switched to Vodafone bill pay from meteor pay as u go online. I got my phone and everything and the website said it would take approx two hours. The switch over was meant to happen today. I have been cut off the meteor network since 8.00 this morning.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

teednab-el wrote: »
    can someone tell me how long does it take to register someone onto Vodafone network? I switched to Vodafone bill pay from meteor pay as u go online. I got my phone and everything and the website said it would take approx two hours. The switch over was meant to happen today. I have been cut off the meteor network since 8.00 this morning.

Thanks.
    Ports can take up to 24 hours, did you get a new phone and Sim too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Thanks.
    Ports can take up to 24 hours, did you get a new phone and Sim too?

Does it take 24 hours? How does it take so long?

I got a new phone and vodafone sim but kept my old number. I am still not connected. Do I need to do anything? I have sim card inserted into phone and I have coverage but can't make calls. Everytime I make a call a message says "not registered on network".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Have you called Vodafone

Does it take 24 hours? How does it take so long?

I got a new phone and vodafone sim but kept my old number. I am still not connected. Do I need to do anything? I have sim card inserted into phone and I have coverage but can't make calls. Everytime I make a call a message says "not registered on network".

It can take anything from 20 mins to a day. Try turning on and off your new phone so that it can re-register on the network, if that doesn't work, get in touch with vodafone

Walkman wrote: »
    Have you called Vodafone

I didnt but will first thing tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I switched over Friday. Still not working. Apparently its a global issue and they have 3 teams working worldwide to resolve it. It is supposed to be resolved today however as of now its not resolved.
    Disgraceful.
    I'm switching back
    What was I ever thinking?

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    I switched over Friday. Still not working. Apparently its a global issue and they have 3 teams working worldwide to resolve it. It is supposed to be resolved today however as of now its not resolved.
    Disgraceful.
    I'm switching back
    Who are you changing to LadyT?
    I haven't heard anything and there is nothing on the Vodafone forum about this?

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Disgraceful.
    I'm switching back
    Who are you changing to LadyT?
    I haven't heard anything and there is nothing on the Vodafone forum about this?

The problem I had was that my sim card number was not registered on the network. Vodafone had the wrong sim card number for my phone and account details. Basic error. It could be something like that for you too?

Advertisement