Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terms and Conditions for New E-commerce Site

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am launching a new website soon. It is an e-commerce website / platform where we will be taking payments from customers. The payments will represent a 'deposit' of sorts, or part-payment for a product or service that a vendor will then deliver. In practice, the customer will pay us an amount, they will then get a coupon code which they bring to the business in question to redeem a deal. Think Groupon, or similar sites (although this is not another Groupon!).

Just wondering what kind of terms and conditions - and privacy policy - we will need here? The site goes live very soon. How have people managed this on their own sites?

Budget is tight and not really up for going to a solicitor and paying a few hundred quid for a consultation - plus it would need to be one who is comfortable with internet law / regulations.

We are thinking a good approach may be to draft generic terms and get them signed off by a qualified solicitor.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have a look at what similar sites / services are using.
    Customise it for your own service and then get a solicitor to go over it

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Blacknight wrote: »
    Have a look at what similar sites / services are using.
    Customise it for your own service and then get a solicitor to go over it

Yeah that's pretty much what the plan would be.

There is a company in the US called Snapterms which operate in this area, they look pretty good and probably cheaper than a solicitor. Not sure if it makes any difference that they are US based? We'll be registered as a business in Ireland, naturally enough.

If you (or anyone else) can recommend a solicitor for this purpose, either on-thread or via PM, I'd really appreciate it, especially as we are quite close to launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

US law is not the same as Irish law - there are *some* similarities, but you'd be better off looking at a UK based service than a US one

As for solicitors we use and recommend: http://www.carlowsolicitors.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

I'm having a similar issue myself at the moment and was wondering if anyone has ever used

http://www.netlawman.ie/??

Advertisement