Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Graffitti Coonagh Condell Road

• 08-08-2012 3:11pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone spot the crap graffitti by the carpet place in coonagh, and more on the condell road.

No flaming dragons or zombies eating brains (which would be interesting at least) but instead some saddo's "tag". In pink.

I'm all for pride and that, but mess up your own signs, and don't paint over road-signs or peoples business signage.

Zoner - Better than Banksy 36 votes

Eh...No
    0% 0 votes
    Nope
    86% 31 votes
    Nonny no
    11% 4 votes
    I am zoner
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I like graffiti, but the stuff on the Condell Road is f*cking awful. Whatever youngfella did that should be ashamed of himself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I saw that today and have to say not only is it annoying but its b****y ugly, why would anyone have such an ugly tag....

What a great impression to get of our city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

He also seems to have practiced at that carpet/bed place just before coonagh. Looks nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

He has also tagged the esb sub station at grove island and destroyed all the walls along the right hand side of the pa healy road, the walls at the back of shannon minerals. He needs a boot in the hole and if anyone sees him tagging they should get the car reg and phone the gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Same clown has now done some more of the signposts around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its all over the likes of Rome and hasnt done much to their tourism figures!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »

Does it block all the directions on the road signs of Rome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

If we had a third of the tourist attraction that Rome has we would probably cope with 3 times the amount of the graffitti that's being sprayed around the city. At the moment the tidy towns groups are fighting a losing battle against this senseless art.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

phog wrote: »
    If we had a third of the tourist attraction that Rome has we would probably cope with 3 times the amount of the graffitti that's being sprayed around the city. At the moment the tidy towns groups are fighting a losing battle against this senseless art.

There's no such thing as senseless art.

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    There's no such thing as senseless art.

I'll change your mind if you give me a couple of hours in your house and let me loose with a few tins of spay paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I'll change your mind if you give me a couple of hours in your house and let me loose with a few tins of spay paint.:D

You're not getting in my house ;) Fair point though

I understand that graffiti is vandalism and it shouldn't be tolerated if it is intrusive. If somebody's property is damaged by graffiti or any other form of vandalism they should get rid of it and pursue the vandal by way of the Gardai although there's not much they can do. Vandalism is Vandalism but there's a chance that somebody believes it is art or has meaning.

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Vandalism is Vandalism but there's a chance that somebody believes it is art or has meaning.

That's totally irrelevant, in what is being discussed in this thread, the somebody you mention has sprayed it on private property and on public road signs, the removal of which will cost the owners and taxpayers money.

Irish wire products on the dock road painted all their frontage and some yob went along and left paint squirls on it, all long Cecil St, a similar yob has done the same, the road sign at the roundabout on Condell Rod is partially blocked by spray paint, Fortunes near Coonagh roundabout has had their advertising hoarding completely covered with spray paint, the list goes on and on. Senseless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

That's totally irrelevant, in what is being discussed in this thread, the somebody you mention has sprayed it on private property and on public road signs, the removal of which will cost the owners and taxpayers money.

Irish wire products on the dock road painted all their frontage and some yob went along and left paint squirls on it, all long Cecil St, a similar yob has done the same, the road sign at the roundabout on Condell Rod is partially blocked by spray paint, Fortunes near Coonagh roundabout has had their advertising hoarding completely covered with spray paint, the list goes on and on. Senseless!

Jesus have you nothing better to do than post online about your graffiti witch hunt? Graffiti is here to stay. Its been around for millions of years and does not look like it going anywhere soon. Fair enough its against the law and they should not destroy public property but whinging about it online is pointless as the more notice the tag gets the more you will see it.

Myself i think its better than Jacinta lvs Paddy 4-ever t.l.n.d.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Jesus have you nothing better to do than post online about your graffiti witch hunt? Graffiti is here to stay. Its been around for millions of years and does not look like it going anywhere soon. Fair enough its against the law and they should not destroy public property but whinging about it online is pointless as the more notice the tag gets the more you will see it.

Myself i think its better than Jacinta lvs Paddy 4-ever t.l.n.d.

Hold on a minute, I'm not on a witch hunt.

I've no problem with the type of graffitti that's found below in the yard on the dock road but the ****le that's on the areas I mentioned in the post you quoted is vandalism in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's fairly lame graffiti tbh - whoever did it obviously had lots of time (and paint).

Being that they've gone to all that bother it would be refreshing to see some form of social commentary or art (a la Banksy) rather than simply writing their name and colouring it in

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It's fairly lame graffiti tbh - whoever did it obviously had lots of time (and paint).

Being that they've gone to all that bother it would be refreshing to see some form of social commentary or art (a la Banksy) rather than simply writing their name and colouring it in

Perhaps thats all they could do, god forbid they would do some decent artwork

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Perhaps thats all they could do, god forbid they would do some decent artwork

Like this:

digital_graffiti_sketch_86_pano.jpg

or this:

3d_graffiti_wildstyle_after.jpg

or this:

527178_10151145184642930_2128198970_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Like this:

digital_graffiti_sketch_86_pano.jpg

or this:

3d_graffiti_wildstyle_after.jpg

or this:

527178_10151145184642930_2128198970_n.jpg

Have you seen the graffiti? It's terrible, something a 14/15 year old would do when let loose with his first can of paint. Basic bubble font, no talent required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

There's some idiot (can only be a young one) going around CHM area and he's stuck GRO in black paint everywhere. Nothing nice about it at all. They've put it on red brick, dashed walls etc. Even if it looked anyway decent, but no, like someone got a 5inch paint brush and a tin of black paint. If I catch them at it, little b*stds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Saw it this evening at roundabout near toll booth. Its ****in terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In case any of you hadn't seen the juvenile aerosol ejaculate.

2012-08-09084712.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

LB6 wrote: »
    There's some idiot (can only be a young one) going around CHM area and he's stuck GRO in black paint everywhere. Nothing nice about it at all. They've put it on red brick, dashed walls etc. Even if it looked anyway decent, but no, like someone got a 5inch paint brush and a tin of black paint. If I catch them at it, little b*stds.

Yeah, saw that myself. Took a walk Friday evening from Fr. Russell Rd., to the South Court, up Church Road, accross CHM, down Dooradoyle Rd., along Nessan's and back to Fr. Russell Rd.

On that walk I must have seen this "tag" about 8 times, mainly along Church Road, CHM and Dooradoyle. Sheer vandalism.

Some people tagged the wall beside the telephone exchange in Raheen, but the addition of a community Garda and community spirit, it was removed/washed/painted over. Its like those regen folk that come into area's believing that its the same where they grew up and can treat the place like their own personal dustbin, but some people actually care about where they live and dont put up with the behaviour!

Some people tagged the wall beside the telephone exchange in Raheen, but the addition of a community Garda and community spirit, it was removed/washed/painted over. Its like those regen folk that come into area's believing that its the same where they grew up and can treat the place like their own personal dustbin, but some people actually care about where they live and dont put up with the behaviour!

Just goes to show how out of touch you are that you think its the regenerate crowd that are doing the graffiti. Meanwhile while you and the community Garda were up at the phone exchange patting each other on the back real crime is taking place all over Raheen.

Good on ya!

Crime or anti social behaviour is on the decrease though which is a good thing!

Crime or anti social behaviour is on the decrease though which is a good thing!

Well if that is true yes it is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stonyboreen

There's a debate on Spin South West at two o'clock on the graffiti afaik. A shop owner from Limerick is on, anybody out there got anything positive to say on Limerick graffiti?

There's a debate on Spin South West at two o'clock on the graffiti afaik. A shop owner from Limerick is on, anybody out there got anything positive to say on Limerick graffiti?

Yes i have a few positive things to say about Limerick graffiti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stonyboreen

Yes i have a few positive things to say about Limerick graffiti.

They've got some people on at 2 for a debate on it - be interesting to see if there are any people out there with anything other than the 'it's vandalism' line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Graffiti can be really nice at times. When it's down back alleys etc, it can brighten them up.

I hate tagging though. That's not art, it's a stupid signature.

I like when Graffiti has a message or a point.
    Saw this on the paper recently in London.

Clown-Town-painted-by-Mau-008.jpg

Advertisement