Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Graffitti Coonagh Condell Road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

1130464996.jpg

As if the city hadn't enough monkeys on its back already.

Blotting out a major road traffic sign with paint is not only uncool but pure criminal.

I hope the NRA pursue this infantile dimwit for damages etc.

Two accounts on this weeks Leader 1 , 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

At the bottom of Ballinacurra Gardens this evening, there is the outline of ZONER in bubble writing, and it has not been coloured in yet. Drove past it at about 17:30 and it is on the wall of the water station (or whatever the building is) that is on the road that heads towards the railway gates.

If the guy does outlines first, then he will probably be back at some stage to colour it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The ****er must be spending a fortune on buying the spray paint. I'm guessing he's a disgruntled middle class kid, who is a bit retarded.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was thinking the same thing, though not in the same words. :D

Two arrested for graffiti according to the front of the Limerick Leader.

A quick read of the article popped up a few things like the two showed little to no remorse for what they have done, and one came out with the usual line of "there is nothing else for young people to do" as his excuse. Great to see the sense of entitlement is going strong with some people. I don't get stuff for free so I go out and damage other people's property, but it is not my fault.

Same guy also goes on to say that if it was done to his own mother's house he would be upset about it, but not too bothered when it is him doing it to another person's property.

The two of them should be named and get their pics in the paper. Both are of legal age in the eyes of the law to be charged as adults, so I see no reason for them not to be named and shamed, and also let their dole, if they are on it, be cut by a % each week in order to repay the damage or a % of their wages as well as having them out scrubbing walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Save yer breath, its an uphill battle that will never be won. The more press the artist gets the more they want. We had the same issue in Limerick back in the 90's with graffiti popping up everywhere and in public places. As you can see we still have the same problem on a bigger scale.

Its like the war on drugs the more you tell them they cant the more they will.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Save yer breath, its an uphill battle that will never be won. The more press the artist gets the more they want. We had the same issue in Limerick back in the 90's with graffiti popping up everywhere and in public places. As you can see we still have the same problem on a bigger scale.

The trick is to stop telling them they cannot do something illegal, and start actually punishing them when they break the law.

Make it hit their pockets, make it result in them standing in public scrubbing walls.

Words are useless when dealing with scum. They are used to worthless words from judges and being able to commit crime without fear of repercussions.

It's just one or two individuals doing 99% of the graffitti. It is something that can be dealt with. It's not as intractable a problem as you make out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

zulutango wrote: »
    It's just one or two individuals doing 99% of the graffitti. It is something that can be dealt with. It's not as intractable a problem as you make out.

Yes this really looks like the work of one person:

697733034.jpg

Its one or two individuals doing that particular tag. Many more than that doing it though.

Its ok now though cuz they have just been reminded:

Useless Gardai!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Save yer breath, its an uphill battle that will never be won.

Get them to pay the cost of removing the graffitti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

@ Kess

Did he finish in Ballinacurra?

Yes this really looks like the work of one person:

As I said before, it is just one or two people doing most of it. It's the same few tags appearing all over the city.

kilburn wrote: »
    @ Kess

Did he finish in Ballinacurra?

No idea. Have not gone past that spot since I saw it the other day. When I call to that area I normally use the main road to get there. I only pass the end of that estate where the tag is a few times a month at most.

Snipe or one of the other Boardsies that live in the estate might be better placed to answer if it has been coloured in yet.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Any link to the story about the two being arrested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

Glad to see these dimwits arrested. That roadsign defacement was atrocious. I have no problem with decent, artistic, interesting graffiti, but tagging? That's a different story. Bock wrote about it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Do what they do in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6LY-clVpQE

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

I see Irish Wire Products on the Dock road was vandalized recently with Graffitti. It's a shame as they had just repainted the whole building and it had certainly improved the complexion of the Dock Road. Doubt they will spend money repainting it for it to just to happen again.
    Makes me wonder, what chance have we in Limerick when our own people are destroying the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

2 guys are currently cleaning the crap off a sign near the Travelodge near the Coonagh roundabout. If I wasn't in a rush I would have stopped to ask if they were the perps!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

So Zoner got caught and was made clean his tag off of the sign at the roundabout, why was he not made clean the rest of his tags off around the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

This Zoner person should be given community service to paint all the areas in Limerick tagged with his graffiti, at his own expense. There is a particularly atrocious one up near Musgraves Cash & Carry.

What an imbecile.

Advertisement